Sign in to follow this  

Rejet?

Bike has a pro circuit already. IDK what the jetting is set at. I already have some spooge and need to check the needle.

Swapping off the stock exhaust for an FMF with spark arrest.  Will I need to rejet?  I am getting it this next week and hitting an event right after. I don't have any spare jets...

While you will likely need to rejett to some degree, never gauge your jetting by spooge...to many variables.

Edited by bowhunter007
  • Like 1

You're right, I should jet off other things.  Spark color mostly?  I pulled the plug out and put a new one in it (went from BR8ES the PO had) and put in an iridium.  I kept the BR8ES in my backpack as a spare since its a known working one.  It was a chocolate brown color but was slightly wet.  Maybe I should take a picture and post it.   In fact, I'll go dig it out and take a picture real quick. I've read a lot on jetting, but never played with it much... Need to start doing it and learning, I just don't (and can't) want to be replacing the top end from a bad jetting job. Money is tight these days.

Here's the pics.  Its a little darker in person. Flash on the phone really lit it up. 

CAM00919.jpg
CAM00918.jpg

I jet more by feel, than plug color. I start with the pilot & idle circuit...'till it idles and smoothly transitions to the needle. From there, I like a solid pull through to the main. I never try to tame the "hit". Even at 45, I still enjoy the arm tug under hard acceleration. My plugs have a slightly darker tan color w/BR8ES.

• Like 1

Ah yes.  I've read your past posts on jetting Chokey, and you something you pasted before about jetting 101.  It's been a while since I've read it though and have pretty much forgot most of it.  But, I did bookmark it all. Guess I should re-read it!

Thanks for the input and help.  Currently it runs great far as I can tell.  I give it a few slow kicks, then one or two good ones at cold and she fires up.  I let it warm up.. No bog, no rpm jumps, smooth power thru out.  Warm starts pretty easy too.  Good kick and off I go.  I've added a flywheel weight, and still runs fine.  After I've been riding, it idles kind of low.  I may need to adjust that. But nothing indicates bad jetting to me, except there is some spooge. I had 32/1 dino/premium mix before, and now have been running maxima super M/premium gas at 40/1.  Guess spooge isn't so bad, just wanted it to be tuned correctly.

Will install the fmf silencer and see what happens.

Edited by izzo