Sign in to follow this  

Which 450 Quad should i buy?

I'm mostly looking between the Ktm450  the Yfz450r, the Ds450 and the Ltr450.       Not interested in the slightest with the Kfx or Trx.

I ride trails 90% of the time with a mix of track riding at my friends local track sometimes. No professional competition though. 

I ride very hard and i'm looking for basically the fastest 450 i can get my hands on. I have money coming in so any recommended mods ect are also appreciated.

IMO the YFZ always felt the strongest in stock form to me. I can't vouch for the KTM chassis but the 450 motor the Polaris Outlaw 450MX used was a great motor as well. I'd stay away from an outlaw though as parts are a bit harder to come by and they were made for a limited time.

As far as mods, the suspension and having it widened and what not will help you go much faster then motor work. Plus 450's are already high strung enough, there's a few little things you can do to them like exhaust and intake but when you open up the motor, you lose a bit of reliability with each thing you do. You can have the fastest motor but if you don't have a good suspension set up or good tires, you won't be fast. 

Edited by leafsrule16

I have heard that in stock trim DS's are pretty slow. I have never ridden one my self

Current ride: 1986 TRX250R with lots of mods.

Have owned: 1981 ATC250R with lots of mods, 1983 200X, 1986 250SX, 1991 KDX200