Sign in to follow this  

Wish they made a rekluse for your old bike?

I recently decided to sell my 450 and just keep the old kdx as my only bike since it's the one I always ride anyway.

I pulled all the after market stuff off the kx before I sold it since this is always a better way to recoup some of the money spent.

Long story short I had an exp 2.0 in the kx and was told by rekluse that they didn't make one for the old kdx. Out of curiosity i held the unit up to my kdx clutch basket tool and it appears to match. Just finished the install and the kx450 exp works perfectly in my 92 kdx 250 (don't tell the rekluse boys). Anyone looking for details just let me know...

1397791662444.jpg

1397791674514.jpg

• Like 1

If it works in the 92 KDX250 it would probably work in my KX500 since they share the same clutch plates. Good to know! DRZ400 plates are the same also.

Seriously? I had been trying to determine if I could use their KX250 version or adapt a later basket to mine but didn't want to shell out the cash for experimenting. Please, more details! Have you ridden the bike since installing it? What about numbers of frictions and steels? Details, man! :D

After realizing it dropped right in, I did some checking with calipers and just installed it to the same procedure as if it was going in my 450.

Left out three frictions and two steels from the bottom of the stack, replaced with the exp.

Only difference was the kdx has six clutch springs while the kx has five. I used four of the stiffer rekluse springs and two stock to keep it even around the pressure plate and buttoned her up. Set up was the same at the clutch lever and a short ride in the dark proved the auto clutch worked smoothly. I'm going out for a longer ride this afternoon and might mess with the small springs for hit engagement but this works great. Can't believe i haven't heard of this being tried before but then I discovered it by pure curiosity after rekluse told me I'd never see an exp for my old bike haha

• Like 2

Went out for a three hour ride in the BC hills this afternoon and the clutch performed flawlessly. Technical climbs were a joke and I didn't even notice the Rekluse until I would realize that it just saved my ass. Smooth as butter. I feel it works better in this bike than the 450 it's made for where it chattered and squealed. No bad behavior in the KDX, just worked like a charm.

• Like 2

:worthy: Thank you very much for the follow up! That was the one item I wanted to source for my KDX250 AF conversion so I can build my ultimate trail/hare scramble weapon!

Yup, posted in the 250 forum. Now if only someone could find one that fits in the 200...

• Like 1