USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Anyone rode Long Lake motorcycle trail just north of cadillac?

I may hit it on Saturday.  Going up to visit some family today and check out the woods.  Snow should be gone by now, but they are in the snow belt, so who knows.

I'm planning on riding there with my kids! I'd like to know too

When are you heading up? I was in Leroy (just of Cadilac) today and didn't see snow except where it drifted across a field. The woods looked clear.

I'm actually taking time off work in June and camping in that area. I've been watching YouTube videos to get an idea of what the trails are like up there.

We are heading there in about an hour. Hopefully it will be somewhat clear!

Rode about a 1/3 of it today.  Lots of trees down, most of the snow was gone.  We went north out of the parking lot, so the first 9ish miles are pretty open.  What surprised me, besides the whoops, was the amount of trash from the nearby county landfill.  There was an area that you could hardly find the trail as the woods were so full of those plastic shopping bags.  I am not a real tree hugger, but this was ridiculous!  Anyway, we had a great time!

What surprised me, besides the whoops, was the amount of trash from the nearby county landfill.  There was an area that you could hardly find the trail as the woods were so full of those plastic shopping bags.

It's like that every time I've been through there.

Ironically the trail will probably be closed due to the trash.

The trash is sorta hit or miss. Sometimes you don't notice it and other times? well that's the way it is. I think it got worse with logging a couple years ago. It seems to work its way over more easily now.

Yes, if you pull up google maps and flip to satellite, you can see the (very large) landfill on the NW side of where the trail is.

Rode on sunday was fun. Good trail conditions. Should be better this weekend. Keep on raining

• Like 1

Rode on sunday was fun. Good trail conditions. Should be better this weekend. Keep on raining

. I'd love to get up, we shall see if the stars align!