Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 or rm125?

I've been looking for a cheap, 2 stroke bike to ride the tracks in my area, I found a 01 yz125 for 800 and a 03 rm125 for 950. I don't know really anything about 125's, or even 2 strokes. Any suggestions?

I had a 2002 rm125 and it was one of the best bikes I've ever owned, low maintenance and can always put a smile on your face.

That RM125 is looking pretty damn nice IMO.

YZ doesn't look half bad either but I own a 2002 RM125 and I can tell you they are great bikes.

Edited by DirtSmoker250
  • Like 2

Op...take someone that knows bikes with you to inspect...Look for anything that mite need immediate replacement.like chain/sprockets...

..ride both bikes to see how each runs...

The yz looks kept out doors cause the pipe looks rusted but bad pics but I'd give it a 6 or 7. The rm looks like a beauty with a nice touch of aftermarket and the new tires saved u 200 off the bat and new top end I believe it also said so also another 300. I'd give 9 on rm. If your riding trails make sure the silencers are spark arrested or else u can't ride forest or ohv parks. San Diego is cali right. So the rm is red sticker so u can only ride April to September in most parks but the yz is green sticker so u can ride all year. If you have any more questions or want my opinion let me know

O and I personally don't buy if it's not registered or have the title but if u get a bill of sale go to dmv to get the paperwork done and for registration make them pay you 4 back fees or take them down on price for back fees

O and I personally don't buy if it's not registered or have the title but if u get a bill of sale go to dmv to get the paperwork done and for registration make them pay you 4 back fees or take them down on price for back fees

The yz has no registration and no title, probably why it's cheaper, the guy with the rm says he has the title but the registration is just out of date. How much could the back fees cost?

The yz has no registration and no title, probably why it's cheaper, the guy with the rm says he has the title but the registration is just out of date. How much could the back fees cost?

Depends. I just paid to tag a drz that wasn't tagged since 2011. Was going to cost 266, got it knocked down to 200 since I knew the dmv worker..

You have to register dirt bikes in your state?

We cannot title or register dirt bikes in Georgia.  If you buy a bike new you get a MSO and that it.  Everything I have sold or bought used I did with a bill of sale.

Unless it was street legal in which case you do have to register it and get a title.

I'm not to worried about it as long as I get a bill if sale, I'm going to be ridding track and don't really need to be registered for that, I have my crf250l to ride in the desert.