Sign in to follow this  

2006 rmz 450 radiator trouble?

I took my bike to the shop to get it to stop spitting coolant out of the over flow they put a new cap on it and pressure tested it, they said it came out all good, I might just be paranoid but im thinking it has a blown head gasket? Does the right side of the radiator get hotter than the left for some reason it feels cooler?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also one more thing There seems to be oil around a bolt above where my exhaust bolts into the motor it isnt a lot or dripping just looks like there is oil coming from it, it is right above where the manifold bolts in to the motor. It looks like a bolt with a hollow washer.

You are probably due for a new exhaust gasket. Have you removed the pipe at any time? It is basically a crush washer and is "supposed" to be replaced when the pipe is removed. You could probably get away with flipping it if you haven't done so already.

As far as the radiators spitting coolant, it is pretty normal on the RMZ's and any 4 stroke really. A higher pressure rad cap would likely cure your issue. Or run a better coolant.

I fixed the spitting coolant prob, I just feel like the left radiator isnt getting as hot as the right is that normal?

-----------------------------
i just ordered a yoshimura rs-2 comp series and it came to my house today do i need a certain torque on the head bolts or just get them tight?

Hey I got a 06 rmz 450 too. My last ride it spit out out coolant than stalled out. Making a ticking noise once off and sitting while I was trying to figure out what the hell just happened. My stator apparently burnt out as well which is why it won't start (apparently). What do I need to do because I did order the stator but I don't wanna run into any problems again once it's up and running. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399747721.167298.jpg