Sign in to follow this  

250 2stroke vs 450 4stroke vs 240 4stroke

Hey guys, so I guy is wanting to buy my bike and I'm really on the fence on what I should do. I love my 250 2stroke, but I'm a large man....... Do you guys think it's time to let the 2 stroke go and step up to a 450??? Because I love the toque of a 250 4stoke! What should I do???

Im 205lb, and like you I love my 2t 250. I just got an 07 kx450f. I love it. Its not as fast as cr250 was on the pipe... But! Ive been faster as a rider on it. The torque is hard hitting and handles better. Not to mention it hooks up better than my 2smoke. Am I a 4t guy now? Not really. I love the kx450f but im still hooked on power bands. I love both bikes the same. Different things about each bike. Good and bad things...

Ya I'm think of a 08 rmz450 idk yet. I mean I have the suspension of a 450 on my 250 and it's a lot better for me. So I'm just thinking why not step it up the the big boys? Plus I hate having the 98 rm because so parts are hard to get and I like new flashy stuff. But I'm thinking I'm just gonna go 450.

The newest generation of EFI 450's at elevation are pretty good!, it'll definitely be a step up from a '98 RM250.  Personally I think that anyone that can really afford to upgrade their current ride should do so, even if that means going to a ... a ... four stroke!  1drink.gif

Rode my buddy's kx450f today and I would say the same as sireller. They are different engines and have different capabilities and purposes. His bike def. had a more smooth power curve and kept running in the low end where I would have easily stalled the 2 stroke. I am not a very experienced rider, let me just say that going in. But I liked the power delivery of the 4 stroke, esp. for a woods bike. I also really, really, really like my RM and it handles just fine for me. The 450 sits higher too, which didn't bother me so much. I am ~250 lbs and have never felt like the RM didn't have enough power for me in the mid to upper range. I was climbing many of the same hills that my friend was climbing on his 4 stroke this afternoon with only a few stalls. Nothing major hill wise, but still I felt like the RM had some power for the job. I know that I really had the RM moving today and it was a rush after I got the engine up to speed. For me, the price I could get on the bike would be the factor. For you? Only you can decide!

Ya Saturday will be my last ride on my rm. and I'm just thinking that I'm going to step up to the rmz450f. I think it'll just be better in the long run. But I think I'll miss the raspiness sound.