Sign in to follow this  

440 kits

Are the bolt on 440 kits any good or as good as sending it out to get done. Seems like its a cheaper option.

Just finished doing mine. Bought kit on ebay. seems to be working great, and now I still have my stock jug. If I have any problems, I can still get it sleeved for new larger piston. While I was in there i replaced cam chain with a crf450 one. Fit perfect...... Thanks to a few guys on TT everything went as planned. Many Thanks to all !!!

hey XRTony what kit did you get and was it hard to install

We use the thumper racing kits.For the bolt on kits,you need to make sure what piston they use,also they have two thousand clearance piston to cyl.BTR

The 430 hi comp kit is the go, it can be bored no problem to the 88mm with out needing to be sleeved over sized, I find the reliability starts to decrease once you go above the 430, I have installed lots of the 440 and the 430 kits and have found the 430 to be the best, plus adding the tm36 carb and a stage 2 cam with the fmf power core 4 is the perfect combo for the XR400, I also have electric start on mine with an upgraded ignition which is needed for the e start

There are a fair few different kits. I think the main thing is to order the compression ratio you are after. There are a fair few different options