Sign in to follow this  

HELP - Front brakes are on Constantly

Okay, so today i replaced my front brake pads. this worked no problem. but then when i went too wheel the bike to the Ute to load it i realized that the front brake is now on permanently! some people say that it needs to be worn in but its worse than normal and extremely hard to spin the wheel

I have an 09 Yz250F and used genuine Yamaha Brake pads 

its normal go ride let things wear and flatten out. Should be fine after... granted you torqued your front wheel in the appropriate manner. I've done a million break pads in my life. They all do this new. Now, it should be locked it should feel more like it stops spinning right after you stop turning with your hand. You're good go ride ; |

These calipers are 'floaters' and should be self centering.

I'll assume you have a little play at the lever (tiny space between the adjuster screw and the master's piston)

Most likely, you have siezed or unlubricated brake slider pins. Rwad the manual about how rto access them and thye correct lube.

You should not not have to 'break them in' to get the wheel to turn. You do want to 'bed them in' by doing a few firm stops from speed in a safe area before you hit the track.

• Like 1

See if your master cylinder is over filled with brake fluid. Be careful when you check because if there is excessive fluid in the master cylinder, you can guess where it's going to go when you pop the cover.

Hope this helps.

These calipers are 'floaters' and should be self centering.

I'll assume you have a little play at the lever (tiny space between the adjuster screw and the master's piston)

Most likely, you have siezed or unlubricated brake slider pins. Rwad the manual about how rto access them and thye correct lube.

You should not not have to 'break them in' to get the wheel to turn. You do want to 'bed them in' by doing a few firm stops from speed in a safe area before you hit the track.

Yeah it was the sliders, got er going and had a nice crash after my first ride back in 6 weeks