Sign in to follow this  

2012 rear shock on a 2014

A friend of mine has A-kit suspension on his 2012 but he just switched to the ktm factory edition. Before he sells the 2012 i have the oppertunity to take the A-kit off the bike and replace it with my stock 2014 450 suspension, I was woundering if the rear shock would fit with out any issues? or would it totally change the geometry of the bike?

Edited by goulding
  • Like 1

A friend of mine has A-kit suspension on his 2012 but he just switched to the ktm factory edition. Before he sells the 2012 i have the oppertunity to take the A-kit off the bike and replace it with my stock 2014 450 suspension, I was woundering if the rear shock would fit with out any issues? or would it totally change the geometry of the bike?

If you don't trade him I will! Lol

Newer shock has a shorter installed length, and I am unsure about the total shock travel...

The A-Kit shock for the 2013-14 has a different shock body and clevis.  It won't work unless you change them.  I assume you will need to change the shock body and clevis on the 2014 OEM shock if you want to put it on a 2012 as well.

I have a 2012 shock from a bike we parted out, if you are interested.  Your forks will swap out and you keep your 2014 OEM shock and give your friend your 2012 forks and a OEM 2012 shock.

Edited by gyd