Most tricked out Beta 250/300rr?

I can't explain to you because you don't ride where we do here. Every place is different. Like I said some places might need mods like these and some places don't.  

I'll give you an example of some vids locally.. still you can't tell unless you are riding it.  This is our last poker run at our local riding park. Watch for awhile and then go to 3:20.. It's common enough. The riding is different in different places for different races on different terrain .

yep. agreed. no airflow, and infinite mud bog load on the engine isn't 

going to turn out well.

the part where your buddy helps you ride by pulling the top of the

front tire hand over hand while you keep the bike upright would be

even more enjoyable with steam and hot coolant spraying out of

the radiator.... i can see that.

back to the ultimate 300 build.... sorry for the threadjacking.

• Like 1

It'd be great to get 10kg off mine- although difficult- has anyone seen any good-value weight saving options in amongst all the trick stuff? 

Starting from the rear.... I weighed the stock silencer & it comes in at over 4lbs, but none of the aftermarket ones seem to actually quote a weight. The Scalvini carbon one looks the better option, as the Akro carbon one is actually carbon over a metal sleeve- or are there others (similar noise level though)?  Also how much does moving to a Li-Po battery save? 

It'd be great to get 10kg off mine- although difficult- has anyone seen any good-value weight saving options in amongst all the trick stuff? 

Starting from the rear.... I weighed the stock silencer & it comes in at over 4lbs, but none of the aftermarket ones seem to actually quote a weight. The Scalvini carbon one looks the better option, as the Akro carbon one is actually carbon over a metal sleeve- or are there others (similar noise level though)?  Also how much does moving to a Li-Po battery save? 

i found 12kg of dead weight i can remove.....

it's located right on top of the seat, behind the kidney belt.

until that is gone, i'm not dropping a dime more on anything

made out of unobtanium to save a pound.

the lithium battery is the first place i'd go, as it provides better

output, and weighs almost nothing.

dunno what the oem lead acid weights, but i'm guessing a 4 pound or

better reduction, for $150.

• Helpful 1

There isn't much left behnd the kidney belt here to remove, but yeah that's always the cheapest option. 

I just weighed the stock battery- yes exactly 4lbs. Looking at the rest of the bike there is nothing else that really stands out as heavy either, indeed comparing it to a RM250 I can't see where the Beta carries it's significant extra weight. It's be interesting to strip them both & weigh everything side by side, but I'm not sure I'm going to ever get around to doing that. 

Are you thinking of racing mx more? ... You could just take out the battery and the headlight and guards etc going in that direction.. but if you're still talking enduro bike it's a bit interesting figuring where you will draw the line on lightness vs protection and practicality.. can just run without guards for the lightness.  etc.  but to me I'd rather run protection.. The bike is plenty light compared to a 4 stroke and the bike feels light riding it.. I haven't weighed my 300rr...It feels light to me... unless mx is the more important goal for you.... Thats the thing about an ultimate 250/300 .. It can be very different setups for different people.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

As far as the guards go the needs where you are and where  I ride are different. The terrain is different and many times there are branches aiming at you and the radiators. Radiator guards are a must otherwise your radiators will get pierced... Pretty much everyone that rides here learns this after a while. ..and the type of radiator guards makes a difference too. You are right that the cheapest and easiest upgrade would be to go to evans.. The thing is I don't think bikes should be running that high a temperature. It's easier to run evans but I don't think it's better for your bike.. It is a lot cheaper though and easier. I am tempted at times but a bike running up a temp close to 300 just is wrong to me. For me I'll just add some mods and try to run a few mods and see if that's good enough. The water wetter, a radiator fan and an overflow tank for example seem reasonable enough to start and may be enough. That's just for me though and what I want and need here where I ride . In this instance I'm just playing the ultimate Beta 2 stroke type scenario where I'd just max out on all the best stuff.   The fox shock for example isn't a real biggie for me.. I wouldn't throw down a grand for that for my bike. My sachs shock works great anyway.. but for these purposes it's a best of everything type of scenario. Like I mentioned this extreme enduro type pack of mods for overheating isn't for everyone. It's depending on the type of racing and riding you are doing. Some don't need or want any of this.. but when you look at the pro bikes you can see there are some or many of these mods. George recently just came back from visiting some local riding. I'm sure he can fill you in that it's a bit different terrain. I'm sure he knows much better than most for your area.. That's what he does for many years and he has a great reputation for knowing his stuff.

Since I have had to set up my bikes for overheating I made a small playlist of some different mods I've found .. just for reference or for others that want to put some overheating mods.. They have a list to get ideas from. .including evans. ..and evans type coolants..

This one starts as this guy is getting ready for erzberg so it's a good first vid for dirt bike cooling...

Here's another product to try..

http://www.two2cool.com/Two2cool_s/31.htm

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/624686-overheating-in-the-tight-stuff-too-cheap-to-buy-a-fan-kit-try-this/?hl=%20rfs%20%20525%20%20overheating%20%20boiling#entry6142330

good stuff!  I ride with this guy occasionally and he doesn't go slow enough to worry about overheating a bike!  I was on some of his very technical trails a few weeks ago and all of the KTM's where boiling over, my 300rr did not loose a drop with completely stock cooling system with BPD guards!

• Like 1

thanks that's what I got ive got quit a bit in it and like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of countershaft sprocket guard is that? I don't think I've seen that one. It looks like it would work well to protect the case if the chain broke.

wait.. that's ok .. I see it now. You have the plastic part taken off.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/clutch-slave-cylinder-guard/accessories_rr-rs_2014-rr-2-stroke_chassis_body-protection?pp=48&sort_selection=recommended

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Are you thinking of racing mx more? ... You could just take out the battery and the headlight and guards etc going in that direction.. but if you're still talking enduro bike it's a bit interesting figuring where you will draw the line on lightness vs protection and practicality.. can just run without guards for the lightness.  etc.  but to me I'd rather run protection.. The bike is plenty light compared to a 4 stroke and the bike feels light riding it.. I haven't weighed my 300rr...It feels light to me... unless mx is the more important goal for you.... Thats the thing about an ultimate 250/300 .. It can be very different setups for different people.

Sorry, missed that before, yes could drop battery & starter (say 3kg total), but there isn't really much else that is heavy that can be eliminated - yes very different set-ups for different people, I just like bikes as light as can be. Maybe in a year or 2 Beta will introduce a new model using some of their trials technology, hyrdro-formed alloy frame and magnesium cases, say around 80kg! 

Sorry, missed that before, yes could drop battery & starter (say 3kg total), but there isn't really much else that is heavy that can be eliminated - yes very different set-ups for different people, I just like bikes as light as can be. Maybe in a year or 2 Beta will introduce a new model using some of their trials technology, hyrdro-formed alloy frame and magnesium cases, say around 80kg! 

..just like it light..but enduro or mx?  What kind of riding do you ride?

I ride both actually, mostly enduro, although I still have my RM250 for MX, but even then there are some tracks where the Beta is probably better to ride for me. And some enduros (deep sand ones) where the RM is better! 

According to the specs the RM is 9-10 kg lighter. This probabky isn't far out,  my RM is fitted with various enduro guards/lights/flywheel weight etc and still feels noticeably lighter than the Beta, especially when lifting it onto stand, pushing it up into the van etc. 

I'm not so sure about those numbers, the battery is under 2kg, starter motor maybe 1kg (haven't weighed it to be honest, but it is very small), solenoid n wiring 0.5kg max.  There's another 5+kg of extra weight somewhere on the bike! That's after the difference of 1kg silencer too.