Most tricked out Beta 250/300rr?

I was talking to Dave about my Mx plan to save weight and he said the harness and starter motor block off save quite a bit of weight, one thing to consider is tires the stock tires are heavier than most mx type tires.. Lost the battery and any excess weight if that's what your looking for.

I was talking to Dave about my Mx plan to save weight and he said the harness and starter motor block off save quite a bit of weight, one thing to consider is tires the stock tires are heavier than most mx type tires.. Lost the battery and any excess weight if that's what your looking for.

I've got to say I've always been a bit perplexed at the whole weight saving thing. Maybe a pro that is going up against the best and wants every edge possible then ..maybe  that makes a difference.. but maybe I'm forgetting that this is a most tricked out Beta thread..and everyone has a different version of what most tricked out is.. taking off an estart makes no sense at all to me.... or maybe I'm so deep into thinking that super light makes a difference in mx but not in enduro .   ..but that's me and not others. I'm not for weight but I am for having the guards and other possible weight adding elements that have what is to me a more useful purpose . That's why I asked if this was for mx or enduro.. cause in enduro an electric start makes a positive difference . For me it's better to be there even for mx. Fall down... get back on and at the same time be putting on the button .. That's a big advantage and still worth the weight...but that's just me. I don't know why the weight saving thing bugs me so much..It shouldn't but it does.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Growing up on 125s and honda usually being the lightest bike I do feel the extra 20-30lbs a enduro bike adds, heck it can feel the difference in tire weight, I might be extra sensitive though. In mx you really don't need the guards aside a glide plate and a disc guard, and offroad I think it does make a difference and when I equip a bike I have no extra weight because it works me harder and the suspension and when you are an hour in and sand sucks that weight shows.. Of course when I get my beta I'll keep all the hardware for the offroad stuff.

What's bad is I don't think I've actually kick started my 300rr yet. I said I would but it's been 3 or 4 rides and I haven't touched that silver thing yet.. Now I save my extra energy for the ride. I'm going to use the kicker the next ride. I'll be a super wimp later when I go ride my 430 husky if I don't at least acknowledge that kicking leg muscle.

What's bad is I don't think I've actually kick started my 300rr yet. I said I would but it's been 3 or 4 rides and I haven't touched that silver thing yet.. Now I save my extra energy for the ride. I'm going to use the kicker the next ride. I'll be a super wimp later when I go ride my 430 husky if I don't at least acknowledge that kicking leg muscle.

ya know I never tried my kick starter either

I thought that silver thing was there to swing out and hold the funnel for the trans oil?  What is a kick start?

• Like 2

I thought that silver thing was there to swing out and hold the funnel for the trans oil?  What is a kick start?

You mean you've found a way to use a funnel to fill the trans, without half of the oil ending up running down the clutch cover? 

p.s. I have kickstarted mine a couple of times, very easy too. But not as easy as the button...

on the weight saving side: a brand new 2010 ktm 300 battery was 2,7kg (measured the weight on a friend's battery who bought a li-ion)

regarding the electric starter, normally an electric motor like that is more than 1kg.

wiring harness difference is not that much.

plus a carbon exhaust....6 kgs is (IMO) a possible goal...

http://www.mecasystem.fr/eng/pr/1139/beta-skid-plate-300-rr-2-tps-am-13-14.html

When I look at the nicest trickest looking skid plates I still look here even though it seems this company doesn't care much about selling to US much ..at least that's what it seems like from the other thread on skid plates. This is a beautiful looking skid plate to me.. although the enduro engineering and the Boano racing skid plates are very nice also.

B2205.jpg

beta_1_1518.jpg

Ok how about this for an ultimate  300rr Beta..  a personalized for you Philippaerts replica Boano racing world enduro version.  I never was much for the green personally but this is pretty ultimate.

personalizzata.jpg

http://www.beta.boano.com/index.asp?

hm. $15,500 US... you should buy two, one for a spare.... i'll bet they'd give you two for $30k even...

• Like 1

hm. $15,500 US... you should buy two, one for a spare.... i'll bet they'd give you two for $30k even...

Actually  If I'd get one like this I'd go with the stillwell cody webb ish version ( I like the look better)..but really I'm all good with what I have as it is. I'm no burner like I was and my 13' 300 with 14' Beta 300 goodies plus the  few goodies I've added is all good. I'll add a few more doodads later .. maybe an S3 head and maybe some other stuff that I can get on the accessories that I'll add later when I'm bored... My bike is awesome just as it is for what I do... I guess I could get that $1000 fox shock but I don't think it will make much difference for my needs.. just having my sachs forks and shocks done and sprung for my weight should be pretty ultimate. I'd go get a setup 498/520 Beta 4 stroke. ..Maybe a Johnny Aubert replica?.. or maybe a Nick Burson 498?

aubert-beta-moto.jpg

But we are talking ultimate 300 rr here.. So sure have a couple and one for backup for $30,000.. hey who cares make it $40k.

safe_image.php?d=AQA8yMnPB0hDlKzU&w=484&

IMO a beta 300 (non-racing) needs more a fork than a shock..

So far I love my sachs fork and I haven't even touched the settings yet . .. Eventually I will put springs for my weight and have the suspension done . I also rode a stillwell prepared sachs suspended 250r set up for someone 280lbs and it was very good too. What seems to be the problem with the sachs?  I also haven't been on a track or done high speed or jumps etc.. just some short fast hare scramble stuff and tight enduro type riding. Maybe you've had some not good experience with this kind of riding? Have you spent any time adjusting your suspension much?