hawaiidirtrider

Most tricked out Beta 250/300rr?

470 posts in this topic

As far as the trickest 250 or 300 rr goes besides new trick mods the other option is to just setup the bike and ride..Thats maybe not as exciting for some but it’s good to question what is really needed sometimes. I was looking at a new stock 17 300 and thought that putting trick mods aren’t always necessary.. cool and better maybe but not necessary.. and Im a guy who likes to setup my bike with lots of goodies.. Here’s 2 vids that Ive posted tons of times yet still straight refer to this off the showroom floor type thinking. Dial in suspension and make sure the bike is running good with some guards.. lubricat and check out the bike and thats about all..  more mods can always be added..later.. I am adding more and more instead of buying a new bike... but I’m starting to rethink having the trickest bike type of thinking.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first film you posted shows Steve Plain talking about the bike, he did my suspension and its great. the bikes like a magic carpet compared to stock, no big changes just set up by someone who knows whats what.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Wrfrk said:

Wonder how those compare to the Ohlins inserts I'm running...

That’s the thing right. No one knows unless you have 2 side by side bikes plus setup is huge. I really don’t see why your bike wouldn’t be great or couldn’t be great if you aren’t as satisfied as you think you should be. Sounds like around the same price right? Grand ish.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

That’s the thing right. No one knows unless you have 2 side by side bikes plus setup is huge. I really don’t see why your bike wouldn’t be great or couldn’t be great if you aren’t as satisfied as you think you should be. Sounds like around the same price right? Grand ish.

Actually the Ohlins is $1200ish so these are a big discount over the Ohlins and I've read that Huck or Cone valves are awesome but I've never rode a bike with them.

Edited by Wrfrk
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Wrfrk said:

Actually the Ohlins is $1200ish so these are a big discount over the Ohlins and I've read that Huck or Cone valves are awesome but I've never rode a bike with them.

Yea well back to buying 2 bikes with 2 different systems of suspension  to compare..might be better might not and to what degree..and for how much money. Gotta get a Beta owner friend same size and ability as you to get one so you can compare to your ohlins insert. There’s a certain amount of just rolling the dice and hope it’s worth it maybe.. 

 

I talked to my beta dealer and suspension tuner yesterday. Talked about a myriad of topics regarding Beta mods.. including different suspension mods and choices of other mods. I swear my dealer is great. I’m wanting to spend money on mods and his info and experience gives a real world perception for where and what I ride.. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets See...

Scavlini Silencer

Fresco Pipe

EE Guards and flaps all around

Pro Taper Bars

XC 360 Handle Bar Mounts (may not be in picture but on all our bikes now)

DP Brakes

Dirt Trix spockets 

Samco Hose Kit

Motoseat Covers (stock hard foam)

IMS Tank with Dry Break

139 Designs Graphics (Chris Ackerman VT)

Evans Coolent

Tom Erdman's Friction Free Throttle Tube

Motoworx suspension

Solid Dirt trix discs

Mike's Studded Tires

Race Harness

I may have missed a few items :)

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

As far as the trickest 250 or 300 rr goes besides new trick mods the other option is to just setup the bike and ride..Thats maybe not as exciting for some but it’s good to question what is really needed sometimes. I was looking at a new stock 17 300 and thought that putting trick mods aren’t always necessary.. cool and better maybe but not necessary.. and Im a guy who likes to setup my bike with lots of goodies.. Here’s 2 vids that Ive posted tons of times yet still straight refer to this off the showroom floor type thinking. Dial in suspension and make sure the bike is running good with some guards.. lubricat and check out the bike and thats about all..  more mods can always be added..later.. I am adding more and more instead of buying a new bike... but I’m starting to rethink having the trickest bike type of thinking.

 

 

I think this goes here. Holcombe's newest ride.. still pretty much a stock bike which is crazy..

 

https://www.enduro21.com/index.php/endurogp/3089-my-ride-steve-holcombe-s-beta-rr-300-racing

 

beta_rr_300_racing_enduro_enduro21_steve

 

beta_rr_300_racing_enduro_enduro21_steve

That Gecco axle adjuster is pretty original

Beta_RR_300_Racing_steve_holcombe_2018_0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with: