Jump to content
hawaiidirtrider

Most tricked out Beta 250/300rr?

Recommended Posts

On 11/4/2018 at 10:45 AM, Piney Woods said:

Atlas, that front tire looks big, what is it?

It is a Kenda Woushugal ii their version of the Shinko 216 fatty.  I think they are both excellent tires for enduro. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Never really understood the advantage of the aluminum. :)

The Motion Pro is $8.50 to my doorstep. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Never really understood the advantage of the aluminum. :)

The Motion Pro is $8.50 to my doorstep. :thumbsup:

Stronger in a crash and have ball bearings . I never got it but some love it. I think you have to run flag hand guards and I like wrap around guards.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beta300recat said:

Never really understood the advantage of the aluminum. :)

The Motion Pro is $8.50 to my doorstep. :thumbsup:

I rode alu some time. But when you lay your bike to the side a bit hard, it gets deformed, blocks the gas. Ride over!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, engl said:

I rode alu some time. But when you lay your bike to the side a bit hard, it gets deformed, blocks the gas. Ride over!

 

I thought the benefit of aluminum is it’s stronger to limit that kind of problem... and easier turning with bearings 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep wadded myself on my last bike with an aluminum one and it smashed against the bar in such a way that i could make it back to my friends house but that ride was over. Plastic even if it breaks or cracks can still be used. And theyre cheap to replace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stronger in a crash and have ball bearings . I never got it but some love it. I think you have to run flag hand guards and I like wrap around guards.

You can cut the end off, or drill a hole in the end and run full wraps. I drilled the end using my drill press for a friend on his xr650, then his next go around for his cr250 he cut it off with an angle grinder cuz it was easier for him.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:


You can cut the end off, or drill a hole in the end and run full wraps. I drilled the end using my drill press for a friend on his xr650, then his next go around for his cr250 he cut it off with an angle grinder cuz it was easier for him.

And no bearings cut off? I thought the bearings were at rhe end? Idk can’t remember 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And no bearings cut off? I thought the bearings were at rhe end? Idk can’t remember 

Not on all of em’ i never had one with a bearing. Maybe its a new thing, cuz remember i wasnt really into dirt bikes for a while.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I thought the benefit of aluminum is it’s stronger to limit that kind of problem... and easier turning with bearings 

Yes, the performance is really good!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×