hawaiidirtrider

Most tricked out Beta 250/300rr?

424 posts in this topic

Depends on where you ride.  A CC fork, especially the Zoke,  crosses over terrain types and speed much better.  Valved relatively light for rocks, its actually pretty good in the whoops with some adjustments.  You can't do that with an OC fork, at least not to the same level. 

1 person likes this

Hawaii; I'm getting to like my Sachs fork now that it has some time on it. When I first got the bike the front end seemed harsh and I played a lot with the clickers, now it just flows on the boney trails and isn't bad on a MX track(at least for the speeds I race at). I'm in the 165 lb range and short, so I don't put alot of leverage on the suspension as someone much taller. I'll know more this next two weeks when I go to the Oregon Oldtimers race at Washougal. I generally like the track and perhaps jump more there than usual so it should be a good test. At some point in time I plan to either re-valve it myself or have it done, shock seems well behaved. 

1 person likes this

Depends on where you ride.  A CC fork, especially the Zoke,  crosses over terrain types and speed much better.  Valved relatively light for rocks, its actually pretty good in the whoops with some adjustments.  You can't do that with an OC fork, at least not to the same level. 

Amen to that!

I am very far away from a good rider, but i like to do my best when i ride my bike, so i tried to work with the sachs revalving both compression and rebound (unfortunately i was limited to the stock shims availability) with "some" improvements. When new, my fork was harsh on the first part and loose on the final part (exactly the opposite of what i like) and very leaky, so i used KYB seals and bushings and the leaking problem was solved, but unfortunately the fork become more strong in the first part, so i revalve (i can show you my setting if anyone would like to try out) and the fork become more sensitive in the first part but this make the second part even more loose. The fork was kinda good in nasty uphills but become worst in the fastest single-tracks and in downhill. So i had two options : buy a new compression shim holder and a new piston to hold 8mm shims, or to buy a set of 7mm shims for about 2/3 the price of a used showa. IMO the showa was the safe bet a quality fork very well known by every suspension tuner. (more expensive, of course, because i need to make an enduro fork from a SX fork) 

I rode a 450 RR with a KYB from a 2012 CRF450 and was HUGE fun, a little bit harder on the wrists at low speeds on the rocks but when you open the throttle is a rock-eater with a mind-blowing turning capability...

1 person likes this

hm. $15,500 US... you should buy two, one for a spare.... i'll bet they'd give you two for $30k even...

Shheeeaaat!!! I thought this was a lot of money..How wrong I am... now it seems like the 30k for 2 is for puzziez..   Now if I rode KTM look what I could pay for and it wouldn't even be factory..maybe better? maybe not..

..could maybe get some ideas but not alot applies.. Sheeez the Beta 300 factories personalized for you look like super deals now!!!!! 22K!!! Whaaat the..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

For the engine.. I like this..  not for need .. The bike works great.... but for want....and to add to the list for the ultimate 300.

t300_6525e13e6725b444b02e84a10cec572d.pn

slaven's just got these for ktm so he's nice enough to show them.. not for Beta but same thing..same company and part..  These were around for awhile for gasgas.

http://www.s3parts.com/product_enduro.html

So it seems for the ultimate 300rr there isn't much new.. the 15's are going to mainly have the 14's race top end coming stock as the upgrade..I forget maybe the fork internals but mainly refining..I think the focus is back on the 4 strokes again since the 2 stroke is working well and selling well. 

I guess if I could think of anything it would be a 2.5" rear rim and some fat buchanan stainless steel spokes front and rear.. for strength, looks and it being easy to clean. The wider rim for hookup.. which it doesn't need it seems but it might be better..and for braking etc. I'm going to start trying some of the bigger wider 90/100-21 front tires to see how that will work also. I have a motoz tractionator ST front tire coming in.. 

This groovy carbon fiber guard is something else that can go in here too. Some guys have blasted against rocks and broke their side cases and it sure looks nice.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/carbon-fiber-clutch-guard/accessories_rr-rs_2014-rr-2-stroke_chassis_body-protection?pp=48&sort_selection=recommended

t300_2d7dbbe726c1eb3d48a874427362487b.jp

To upgrae to 2015 RR300 spec, you need:

cylinder (different exhaust port)

cyl head

CDI (diff. mapping) and maybe (not 100% sure) power valve (to match exhaust port)

This is not just a top-end job.....

1 person likes this

To upgrae to 2015 RR300 spec, you need:

cylinder (different exhaust port)

cyl head

CDI (diff. mapping) and maybe (not 100% sure) power valve (to match exhaust port)

This is not just a top-end job.....

It's the same as the 14 race though right?.... or is there more?  even so it doesn't read like there's a huge difference? Did you ride the 15' 300rr too? What is your impression compared to your bike?  Are you saying that anyone with a 13' or 14' couldn't get bolt on upgrades to match the 15? ... but really what it comes down to is how much different does it feel compared to the 14.. I'm guessing not alot. I'm not feeling like I'm missing a whole lot by not having a 15.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/2015webready/2015largefiles/2015%20dealer%20introduction-RR-RS.pdf

It's the same as the 14 race though right?.... or is there more?  even so it doesn't read like there's a huge difference? Did you ride the 15' 300rr too? What is your impression compared to your bike?  Are you saying that anyone with a 13' or 14' couldn't get bolt on upgrades to match the 15? ... but really what it comes down to is how much different does it feel compared to the 14.. I'm guessing not alot. I'm not feeling like I'm missing a whole lot by not having a 15.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/2015webready/2015largefiles/2015%20dealer%20introduction-RR-RS.pdf

I rode all the range and the 3 bikes that  I liked most on that day, on the given terrain was:

1) RR350

2) RR300

3)RR480.

I spent litle time on the 390 and 430 though and the 250's bars wasn't set up to my taste.

To your questions....

a) yes its the same with 14 300Racing

b,c) it feels very easy to crack the throttle open and I think that it is even more linear than previous RR300

d) no, it is straight bolt-on but since you need more than a cyl head it won't be cheap.

e) I can;t really say HOW much different ist feels. To do that you have to ride them side by side. Still I believe that it will be quite easy to notice.

I know that it is not easy to imagine how a so good engine can be improved but I think it is.

1 person likes this

I rode all the range and the 3 bikes that  I liked most on that day, on the given terrain was:

1) RR350

2) RR300

3)RR480.

I spent litle time on the 390 and 430 though and the 250's bars wasn't set up to my taste.

To your questions....

a) yes its the same with 14 300Racing

b,c) it feels very easy to crack the throttle open and I think that it is even more linear than previous RR300

d) no, it is straight bolt-on but since you need more than a cyl head it won't be cheap.

e) I can;t really say HOW much different ist feels. To do that you have to ride them side by side. Still I believe that it will be quite easy to notice.

I know that it is not easy to imagine how a so good engine can be improved but I think it is.

Thanks for the info!!! good info!.. Good thing is I know the guy that I bought my 13' 300rr from bought a race 14' 300rr. I guess I could ask to trade bikes one day for a little while just to see...if I really got curious.  He's told me how his 14 race runs in comparison ..from his side he feels the bike is more aggressive with the different maps being more differen't. The more mellow map seemed close to the same from his feedback. The map switch on my 13' doesn't have a very big difference between maps . The dual map came off a 250. That isn't a biggee to me anyway.. I don't care about a more aggressive switch in my case.. The bike works great .. I don't care if it's any faster or not... maybe later when I start knowing the bike better and want to try to improve it somehow. ..but I'm way impressed as it is.The bike is awesome.. In my case it's work on getting in better shape and just riding better.. I'm adding stuff mainly cause I just can't leave things alone.. but I have everything for a while. Stock suspension works great to me.. later I'll upgrade there in springs , maybe revalving, servicing etc... It doesn't even feel that it needs it at this point... This is the most tricked out 300rr thread so I guess the 14 race model  or the 15' is the greatest progression unless buying a custom boano racing model or something like that.

1 person likes this

Jetfuel just posted this on another thread but I think it goes here.. The bike doesn't seem to have anything newer than what's been already posted on this thread but I'd have to look again just to make sure..Nice bike no matter what.

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/factory-bike-friday-justin-sodes-beta-300rr/#20ec2149da

Justin-Sode.jpg

I guess I'm wondering what the difference between the 14 and 15 and there doesn't see to be much. I'm wondering about the size of the radiators and if the larger mylers come with.. also anyone here about a 15 rr coming out?

Thought I'd update to "Most Tricked Out." It might not be the most tricked out but well on her way. Here's an ass shot.

20140903_174640.jpg

1 person likes this

Thought I'd update to "Most Tricked Out." It might not be the most tricked out but well on her way. Here's an ass shot.

Hey pretty trick!! HDB hand guards, plated and a cool carbon fiber rear exhaust!!! Nice!!!!

I think I neglected to post mine up here when I got done bolting junk to it so I'll get it over with. Yes, I noticed the chain was too tight before riding it that way...

DSC00001_zps1b0a5763.jpgDSC00002_zps2bc67563.jpg

1 person likes this

I think I neglected to post mine up here when I got done bolting junk to it so I'll get it over with. Yes, I noticed the chain was too tight before riding it that way...

DSC00001_zps1b0a5763.jpgDSC00002_zps2bc67563.jpg

Beautiful!!! Yea you know when I look at your bike that's about as maxed out as any bike needs to be.. I mean you could add more stuff but really the bike is pretty bad ass as it is.. That force skid plate pipe guard looks primo. I think that's the best one out there.. plus you have the best link guard too. I might put on some of the other goodies in this thread on my bike in the future but really my bike is fine the way it is. Nice pics!!!

1 person likes this

:ride:  Well I might as well put my bike up too.. it's not the ultimate but just has some stuff on it. Stock the bike is awesome anyway..I've put a seat concepts tall soft foam and seat cover since this pic.. and I bought the billet brake rear brake pedal as my 525 pedal broke a bunch of times until I put the billet one on. I broke them against rocks and logs and stuff. I bought some rear offset ktm moose racing pegs like I did for my 525 beta but really now I think the stock ones might be just fine the way it is. I don't think I need to put it on now. I was thinking of putting on some big radiators but the fan and the high pressure cap seems to be plenty good so far.. I'll see on an ugly messed up muddy day when I'm suffering and swearing in the bush.. Then I'll know if it's good enough.. :smirk: 

2 people like this