Anybody else here who cant ride wheelies?

I've tried everything to get this bike to come up. Clutch-ups in 2nd gear are the least exciting things I've ever done. I have to RIP on it to get it to come up in first, and that's when I'm practically at a dead stop.

I just need more quality time with it, but I want to get a butt pad first. I don't want a broken tailbone.

I missed what bike you have?

I think that you may be just frightened by how far it needs to come up to stay up. On small bore, you really have to finesse, there is not much room for power pleasure, when you make a wrong move you will fail. The upside is, less lop outs, better clutch throttle control, when I say stand up, preload, jump on legs, slow 2nd gear, rip up and backwards with your body while clutching and throttle, it will come up, you just have to be comfortable with the feeling of flying backwards into the unknown. Tail pads are a good idea. But it is a false sense of security.

What bike? Try on an incline, then work on flat ground.

You will get it, just be careful.

After you pass the initial fear or what ever your crutch is (we all have one) it'll come up, Ttr 125 will come up as long as you demand it.

Just clutch it harder with a good back pull.

Make sure you use your rear brake. It WILL save you if you use it

Edited by joey330

It doesn't have to be perfect, just near balance. If you are at tippy point, a rub on the brake. (Rear)

I throttle and brake at the same time kind of drag in a sense, I like stand up wheelies because, I lay back and if I bail, I can pretty much fall safe.

It will shift, although it is hard, pull yourself a little too high, shift and clutch it in. It will work, just get ready for the jolt. Most of the time, I don't even use first, because the huge ratio difference, start in second, in a standing posturing preload and clutch it, when you know your bike, you will know what it will do. Then after you learn that just keep getting it higher, almost to the point where you have your arms fully extended and you are holding yourself forward.

I just need more practice time. Part of why I want the butt guard is I'm doing this on a supermoto, not offroad.

I've only been riding for 8 months.

I just practiced a lot for about a week and I can hold them for a good bit now. Only throttle no clutching up yet. Here's one of my best so far.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

Edited by revelc

Dirt bikes are made for the dirt. You don't ride knobbies on the street! Cant expect someone on welfare to understand that. (Re: Wheelie Boyz)

I wheelie with my knobbies on the way to work every day ?

My DOT dirt tires say otherwise.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Like 1

I wheelie with my knobbies on the way to work every day ?

My DOT dirt tires say otherwise.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

I know how fast knobbies wear on asphalt or concrete. Just because you do it doesn't make it okay. Sumo's or rockets exist for a reason.

Btw good wheelie.

• Like 1

I know how fast knobbies wear on asphalt or concrete. Just because you do it doesn't make it okay. Sumo's or rockets exist for a reason.

Btw good wheelie.

Somewhat true.

I typically get 1,500 miles out of the rear Dunlop 606 before its useless offroad. Another 500 before its down to the wear bar.

The front Pirelli MT21 will go for 4,000-5,000 miles though.

I'd like a sumo setup someday.

Being able to swap between the two wheels would be like two bikes in one.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Like 2

I'd like a sumo setup someday.

Being able to swap between the two wheels would be like two bikes

It's true, I had that with my WR. So awesome. But I realized it's kinda hard to mix the 2. Dirt bike gets filthy with mud and clay and is rugged. The sumo has to stay shiny and clean for the road and different mods for each setup. That why I decided you need 2 bikes.

It's true, I had that with my WR. So awesome. But I realized it's kinda hard to mix the 2. Dirt bike gets filthy with mud and clay and is rugged. The sumo has to stay shiny and clean for the road and different mods for each setup. That why I decided you need 2 bikes.

Thanks for making the decision for me. Now can you come over and help me pitch it to the wife?

lol

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Thanks for making the decision for me. Now can you come over and help me pitch it to the wife?

lol

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

I need help at my house too!

I kinda said something about it and almost slept outside, after 4 bikes I was asking for it... But if you got any ideas I'm all ears!!!!

I've only been riding for 8 months.

I just practiced a lot for about a week and I can hold them for a good bit now. Only throttle no clutching up yet. Here's one of my best so far.

2014 WRR-Totalled

2012 WR450F-Stolen

Very nice wheelie what gear are you in when you start? Do you shift?

This is the first time I have seen video of my wheelies. After I watched this I realized I wasn't as close to the balance point as I thought. I wish I would of got a video of a couple good ones I had after watching this.

I'm still running all the way through the gear so I'm not quite high enough. I still haven't tried shifting yet. My longest one was a couple hundred yards at least. I think by the end of next year I will have them down.

I can't figure out how to upload the video I can do pictures or take a video. Help please....

Edited by robausdemore