Sign in to follow this  

Dualsport/Supermoto 2008 XCF-W, thoughts?

Hello all. I am new to this website. I have been in the market for a dual sport bike. This one happens to have supermoto set up and a set of dirt tires to come with it. This is a bike I found for sale through a friend of mine

2008 KTM 250 XCF-W
Street Legal
1200 miles
Carbon fiber skid plate
Lighting Kit

How do you think this bike would perform on light road trips via back roads (35-50mph)
I don't plan on taking this bike on the highway.I am pretty unfamiliar with this model. I am aware of the constant oil changing that has to be done regularly, valve check etc.

mm6a9i.jpg

They're good bikes, but when ridden hard and not maintained, then they CAN have problems.

There have been a few with blown motors out here on the west coast, after a few years, most just part the bikes out as they went to their KTM dealer and priced a replacement motors and freaked out.... Remember KTM parts are expensive...

They can be nice bikes, but there are other choices out there if you are looking for a nice used 250 dual sport.

WoW!!! You just described EVERY dual sport out there! Lol!!!  OP, go ahead and get that KTM! You'll love it!  I have a 525SX on the street. I ride it wherever I want to with the dirt wheels and in SM trim it's a blast!!! All this crap about extra maintenance is just that....crap!  Riding an offroad bike on the street is way easier on everything, as most of the time the motor is just loafing along at a reasonable rpm. Keep your eye on the oil level, and change it fairly often, and the bike will be good to you

WoW!!! You just described EVERY dual sport out there! Lol!!!  OP, go ahead and get that KTM! You'll love it!  I have a 525SX on the street. I ride it wherever I want to with the dirt wheels and in SM trim it's a blast!!! All this crap about extra maintenance is just that....crap!  Riding an offroad bike on the street is way easier on everything, as most of the time the motor is just loafing along at a reasonable rpm. Keep your eye on the oil level, and change it fairly often, and the bike will be good to you

I couldn't agree more. I have a 525 EXC with 13,000+ road miles on it with no issues.