Sign in to follow this  

Oil injector-KE100 1994

Hello everyone,

Now i have another problem with a KE100, How do i get oil back in the lines (Pump to cylinder)? I tried searching through the repair manual and i could not find anything. I had to replace the lines since they got punctured.

Thanks-175_lover

With the fuel off and the ignition off, you should be able to bleed thge lines holding the throttle wide open and kick starting it. You could also just put a half gallon of premix in the tank and run it for a bit.

There should be a bleed screw on the pump. Make sure there is no air in the pump first.

The do as Jeekinz says, and kick it with the ignition off and the throttle wide open. It won't take long to fill the oil line.

I wouldn't recommend running premix. I don't know if a '94 KE can be run on premix or not, but I do know the older rotary-valved KE engines could NOT be run on premix.

Edited by Chokey

Rotary engines run on premix. My 76 is basically a ke/kd engine without the injection system. I think it as a Suzuki that can't run premix because a crank bearing is lubed by the system. There's a thread in the vintage forum on it.

Rotary engines run on premix. My 76 is basically a ke/kd engine without the injection system. I think it as a Suzuki that can't run premix because a crank bearing is lubed by the system. There's a thread in the vintage forum on it.

You are correct that Suzuki TS engines couldn't use premix, the oil was injected through the main bearings. But I was pretty sure that earlier generations of the KE couldn't as well. Learn something new every day... :thumbsup:

With the fuel off and the ignition off, you should be able to bleed thge lines holding the throttle wide open and kick starting it. You could also just put a half gallon of premix in the tank and run it for a bit.

It's that simple? Wow i'll go try that right now.

There should be a bleed screw on the pump. Make sure there is no air in the pump first.

The do as Jeekinz says, and kick it with the ignition off and the throttle wide open. It won't take long to fill the oil line.

I wouldn't recommend running premix. I don't know if a '94 KE can be run on premix or not, but I do know the older rotary-valved KE engines could NOT be run on premix.

I have run premix in my '87 (I think) KE100 without hurting anything, but i like the ease of use with the oil pump setup.

I'm still under the impression that the older rotary-valved KEs wouldn't get lube to the ignition side crank bearing with premix... guess I could be wrong though.

I ran KE's on premix for years.  Never had a problem.  I felt that the oil injection system was untrustorthy.

Ok i just tried Jeekins method and its not pumping oil, or even air, What do you think is going on? 

Which method?  I don't have a service manual for your bike, but I have an older manual that covers OI systems.  It says to run the bike on premix with the line off hold the lever full open.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126080700/Manual-GA1-GA2-G3SS-G3TR-G4TR

You can find the owners manual on Kawasaki.com but it says to bring it in to a dealership to be bled.  

Watch this too.  

Which method?  I don't have a service manual for your bike, but I have an older manual that covers OI systems.  It says to run the bike on premix with the line off hold the lever full open.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126080700/Manual-GA1-GA2-G3SS-G3TR-G4TR

You can find the owners manual on Kawasaki.com but it says to bring it in to a dealership to be bled.  

Watch this too.  

I was talking about Kicking it over and opening the throttle, but i'll do some more research on oil pumps and watch the video, this is actually the first 2-Stroke with oil injection that I've worked on.

Ok thanks for all the help, i found out the oil pump was blocked so i picked out what i could see on the inlet and it works just fine, once again thanks.

• Like 2