Sign in to follow this  

Valve Seats?

How do I know when my valve seats need to be reworked? Thanks

when its new valve time, check the 45 degree band for roughness or chatter and pits, if good, check the width of the landing are (how wide it is) if in spec, lap steel valves in with fine compound and use appropriate springs, or ask your local shop to borrow some cutters and touch them up and go stock. You will get a thousand ideas on this, all will work some not for very long.

when its new valve time, check the 45 degree band for roughness or chatter and pits, if good, check the width of the landing are (how wide it is) if in spec, lap steel valves in with fine compound and use appropriate springs, or ask your local shop to borrow some cutters and touch them up and go stock. You will get a thousand ideas on this, all will work some not for very long.

So, if I were to send it off to have the work done, who is the best, and what components will offer the greatest longevity of valves and seats? Thanks

So, if I were to send it off to have the work done, who is the best, and what components will offer the greatest longevity of valves and seats? Thanks

send it to ron hamp at tuf racing. Then wait for it to return and never look at it again....or buy a new head and stock valves from honda east for roughly the same cost.