Sign in to follow this  

Capacitor

Can anybody help explain to me what exactly a capacitor is and what it does?thanks

on the 2011 and 10 crf250rs is mounted on the frame just behind throttle body next to left ankle

Is it a black cylinder lookin thing? Or a gray waffle lookin thing haha thanks for the help man

Is it a black cylinder lookin thing? Or a gray waffle lookin thing haha thanks for the help man

they are kind of like a little battery only they dont hold a charge as long. typically they are used to give a more consistant power(no surging) for computerized equipment..or in this case your fuel injection system

Alright well I changed the capacitor. Then went and rode and ended up being even worse. I can't even think how that would do that. When it heated up after 15 minutes or so it started dying like usual but this time when it died , I cranked it back up and rode 5 sec worth just to see it die again. Where as last time when you crank it back up after it dies,you can run it another 3 minutes before it does it again. So confused

what is the problem your having here? im sort of lost. need more information to help.

Look at 2010 250 dying after 20 minutes PLEASE HELP and that will tell you everything that it's doin and what people have suggested to do