Sign in to follow this  

Stock class (AMA) wheel/hub restrictions

Is it illegal to run aftermarket hubs like talon or rad? Also can I run a slip on with stock header? I've never ran the stock class before or any AMA district race for that matter. Rad has a sale right now and I'm thinking about getting some new rims and hubs.

I race in the AMA District 37 Grand Prix series. I have run aftermarket wheels and hubs. Your fine there as long as the wheels are the same size. 18 inch rear is allowed in some divisions. As for the stock header and slip on, go ahead. The biggest concern there is the 98 decibel limit. You make that and your good.

Bottom line, down load the AMA rule book, it will define what you need. Secondarily, your district rule book will cover anything more restrictive or unique to your racing.

• Like 2

I tried to dl that but I can't get anything except the supplemental rules for each year change. It says that I can't run a aftermarket silencer though, is that something they look the other way at? What is the difference between stock and limited class or are they the same?

I tried to dl that but I can't get anything except the supplemental rules for each year change. It says that I can't run a aftermarket silencer though, is that something they look the other way at? What is the difference between stock and limited class or are they the same?

I think what your asking depends on what your racing and what class.

250 c stock for now. My bike isn't modded at all. I was going to do port polish but decided not to since that would dq me from that class. I need a reliable motor since I'm not mr money bags. I still have my stock exhaust but the packing is probably melted to the end cap and really don't want to re pack it. Would rather run an fmf or something to get some kind of a small gain if possible. Still have backfire screen too. I thought that you had to run stock cast hubs or whatever oem is. Do they do random motor tear downs like it says in the manual? I haven't heard of that but couldn't afford the fee.

Edited by perkybewbs

I guess in District 37 GPs we don't necessarily run a stock class, so I have never put to much research into these topics.

Hope the links to the rule book worked?.?.

At the local and regional, level of racing, I have never seen a tear down/inspection done in dispute. Then there is the rule about challenging another bike and being able to buy it???? That one makes me scratch my head.

Yes they did. Thank you. I wouldn't want to have my bike torn down or to have to sell it either. Those are strange rules. I have read those supplemental rules but will read through the others this evening. Have a great Easter.

250 c stock for now. My bike isn't modded at all. I was going to do port polish but decided not to since that would dq me from that class. I need a reliable motor since I'm not mr money bags. I still have my stock exhaust but the packing is probably melted to the end cap and really don't want to re pack it. Would rather run an fmf or something to get some kind of a small gain if possible. Still have backfire screen too. I thought that you had to run stock cast hubs or whatever oem is. Do they do random motor tear downs like it says in the manual? I haven't heard of that but couldn't afford the fee.

Repack the muffler. :bonk: It will run better with fresh packing.

Also, if you're running the C class, you don't need more power. You need seat time.

Repack the muffler. :bonk: It will run better with fresh packing.

Also, if you're running the C class, you don't need more power. You need seat time.

Pretty obvious you haven't been to a race in a while.

Hmm well c in my area isn't really what you would think. It's called sandbagging. Considering this is my first ama race i want to feel it out. Lets not make condescending generalizations. So what are you then? Pro? Can I have your autograph?

Edited by perkybewbs