Sign in to follow this  

Couldn't wait on the CRF300L. Introducing my new CB500X!

As much as I love the CRF, this thing is so good. So so good.

2PNpCIul.png

And already de-badged the gross red X graphic. I have a few Honda accessories on order - centerstand, ADV tall windscreen, etc. Those should arrive next week. Already have an 8-hour trip planned for tomorrow. Had to break it in tonight. Really happy with this new sled and glad to add to the stable!

ePiOz7nl.png

• Like 12

nice. I was considering a CB500F for a while. I like the new GMC in the back too.

Haha, thanks but not mine. It's a Road & Track test mule. 

As much as I love the CRF, this thing is so good. So so good.

ePiOz7nl.png

I sit on one of these every time I am at the dealer ... I want one bad ....  :banghead:

problem is .... I could have it ....  :facepalm:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

i also looked at them at the dealer. They look much better in 'real life', good build quality. i don't remember which version of the 500 it was that i looked at, but it's much smaller than the v-strom. 

gnath, what to say? If you had that, and you don't do long rides, but whatever, fun is fun, while you can,...you wouldn't need the CRF-L, you could have a modded CRF150 for the track and trails...more fun.  But, all your mods  :-/ 
:)  whaT a decision. 

The 150 is my boys ride .... when we first got bikes I considered the 500 and a 250X .... In the end I decided to just mod the crap out of the L

I may end up with something like the 500 after my boy is 16 and we can street ride together ...

• Like 2

Motley crew, today. 150+ miles in the rain. Weather channel said it was supposed to be sunny and 75F....

The X was incredible. Precisely what bigblockbarry said, mile disposal unit for sure! 

The only reason I came home was because I need to change the oil after the break-in period.

837mU8xl.png

• Like 4

Congrats! That will complement the 250L nicely!

I saw a number of those at the dealer (I think there's a 700 as well??). I was surprised to see that its listed price wasn't that much more than the 250L and wondered what made the 250L so close to the price of the CB500x (or what made the CB500x be so low priced that it nears that of the 250L).

The 150 is my boys ride .... when we first got bikes I considered the 500 and a 250X .... In the end I decided to just mod the crap out of the L

I may end up with something like the 500 after my boy is 16 and we can street ride together ...

I think there's no way to make a ride any better than riding with you kid. My kids are kind of young but I get a kick out of having them piggy back on the bike (low speed, no traffic, etc.). When they grow up (and the world will not have gone Kaboom!) I look forward to do what you do now with your son.

• Like 2

Congrats! That will complement the 250L nicely!

I saw a number of those at the dealer (I think there's a 700 as well??). I was surprised to see that its listed price wasn't that much more than the 250L and wondered what made the 250L so close to the price of the CB500x (or what made the CB500x be so low priced that it nears that of the 250L).

Thanks, nightRudder. The NC700 is a scooter platform bike (not really the same but a good bike). The 500X shares it's platform with the CBR500R and the CB500F. Honda will probably sell a lot more of those bikes then they do the CRF250L just because it's a proper commuting bike. I figure it's just supply/demand.

Don't go ride one, Gary. You'll take it home. It has the power/weight level that the 250L should have and adds allllll the first world comforts a good motorcycle rider should be surrounded with.  :thumbsup: I've got a tall ADV windscreen, centerstand, and luggage bits on order. They should arrive at the deal next week. We're also going to work on getting Amanda licensed on riding the CRF soon.

Edited by kray
  • Like 2

Don't go ride one, Gary. You'll take it home. It has the power/weight level that the 250L should have and adds allllll the first world comforts a good motorcycle rider should be surrounded with.  :thumbsup: I've got a tall ADV windscreen, centerstand, and luggage bits on order. They should arrive at the deal next week. We're also going to work on getting Amanda licensed on riding the CRF soon.

......  :lol:

I could see myself packing a tent and a fishing pole ... (and some Jack) ... and taking off for the weekend running around the back roads looking for farm ponds etc ...  :ride:

Like I said before ...

Maybe when Noah becomes of driving age we can get out there like this and since he will be young ... he can handle the long trips on my 305 ...  :p

• Like 3

I got this NC750S as a loan bike when I took my M in for the first service on Thursday. Liked it but I would fit wider bars  :ride:

post-383542-0-51912400-1398012362.jpg

Oh and nice bike Kray!  :thumbsup:

IMG_42731.JPG

Edited by Landy-Pilot
  • Like 3

I got this NC750S as a loan bike when I took my M in for the first service on Thursday. Liked it but I would fit wider bars  :ride:

Oh and nice bike Kray!  :thumbsup:

attachicon.gifIMG_42731.JPG

You have NC750S setups over there?! Very neat! We don't even have the NC750X in the states. They are still milking the NC700X disaster.

......  :lol:

I could see myself packing a tent and a fishing pole ... (and some Jack) ... and taking off for the weekend running around the back roads looking for farm ponds etc ...  :ride:

Like I said before ...

Maybe when Noah becomes of driving age we can get out there like this and since he will be young ... he can handle the long trips on my 305 ...  :p

Oh boy! I haven't seen this video yet. *grabs some popcorn*

• Like 1