Sign in to follow this  

Taking coolant or normal?

Hello guys, I just rebuild my Kx250F 2007 and we removed all the coolant during that. When we finished we filled the coolant to the cap and then the bike runned for 20 mins and the coolant seemed to have lowered just a little, So we filled it to the cap again, then few day after I took my bike for a 15 mins ride and the coolant didn't seemed to move, It was just a slow ride without bump and etc. Then I took it again few days after but this time it was for 40 mins atleast and there was bump and it was harder. When I cheked the coolant it was at 3/4. Is it normal? Before rebuild the coolant was always full to the cap, now it seems to move. My oil is brown/black, Bike doesn't smoke white , Runs good and doesn't seems to overheat since it's -5 celcus. I passed from unknow coolant to motul motocool.

Is it running really hot and dumping coolant out the overflow? or possibly getting into the oil. Crack your oil drain plug and make sure there is not any coolant settled at the bottom of the engine

As I said, it's not running hot, well it's not ice cold but It arleady had hit higher temperature without dumping coolant, and it's still cold outside too. For the oil, I dumped the oil this week ( Looking if there was little metal parts) and the oil was brown, And I think if there was coolant in there it would turn milky right? I heard the possibility of having some air bubble in the cooling systeme that goes by and lower the coolant. They said it will fix by the time, Is it true?

The coolent should settle just below the cap and not need topping up if the bike is not loosing coolent through the overflow pipe. 

I suggest you route the overflow from the radiator (pipe next to the cap) to a small bottle and then do a small ride to see if coolent comes out the overflow.