Sign in to follow this  

Better honda Cr 250 linkage

Hello
Im looking to buy a better linkage for my Honda Cr 250 2007.
Is it only RG3 who make better linkages for that bike?
I see Pro Circuit makes linkage arms that are nice but i cant find it for my bike. And that RG3 linkage is so expensive!!

rg3linkage72dpi.jpg

PCLINKARM.jpg

Edited by quad janern

I was told by Factory Connection the linkages are worthless on these bikes (2005+). I tried buying one when my suspension was re-valved/sprung for me and he told me straight up "not even worth the money bro". Another reason I always come back to them for suspension services, always honest. 

For the amount of money for these things (def the RG3), you can get at least some springs for your weight. Which will be a HUGE difference if they are off for you, or even if your suspension is past its service time (new seals, oil...).

RG3, pro circuit, factory connection, ride engineering and maybe more made complete linkage set ups, ie both pieces like in the pic. They are all discontinued.

regarding the FC advice, if that was true then why did FC run them on their race bikes? That advice is being given by them for the EFI bikes because they have figured out how to compensate for the issues with valving now is what I was told.

I have managed to stash a few complete FC linkages and one RG3 as I'm a gen 4 man these days and have an basically new 05 CR250 that may get one. I think I have a couple extras though.

The 02-07 3rd gen chassis is as good as it gets & doesn't need any aftermarket linkages.   Spend your money wisely on setting up your suspension & you'll have an excellent handling bike...  

Edited by H4L
  • Like 2

The 02-07 3rd gen chassis is as good as it gets & doesn't need any aftermarket linkages.   Spend your money wisely on setting up your suspension & you'll have an excellent handling bike...  

Thanks i will do :)

most folks only swap these out to lower the bike. unless your short and need a lowering link....spend the money on a re-valve.