Sign in to follow this  

Boots for little $$

Hi Im pretty new to riding dirt bike Ive ben riding for half a year without mx boots. I decided it was time to buy a pair. I tried on the oneal elements and i hated them. the toebox was gigantic and the sole was super thick. I want a boot that has a small toe box and a not as thick sole at a under 200$$ price. My question is which is the best 661 comp boots, Gaerne gx-1, Fly maverik, or the moose m1.2?? any opinions are helpful. thanks for your help and I hope this is the correct forum to be posting about boots. If it isn't let me know. Thanks!

Seems like the guys with the 661's like them. I've also heard a lot of good things about Gaerne, as mentioned at that price they are all pretty similar.

I just bought some of the AXO Dart Pro's on close out. Figured why not for $100 (normally $300-330) since my old ones were pretty beat after 5 years of abuse. They were really stiff when new (typical) but after a few rides they broke in nicely. Thier not too heavy and are very comfy. The only negative I have is that the buckles are a real pain to unlatch when brand new. They seem to have gotten a little easier but still pretty rough to get out of when you're tired from a long day of riding. I wish I had known they were going to be this nice as I would have bought another pair to have when these wear out!

Fly boots aren't bad. Moose boots are trash. Tore a hole in the side in less then 2 rides.

The 661s are comfy great boots and durable. I have a pair and love them. Also look good too

A friend of mine just got the gaerne sg-1 they look much nicer than any of the other boots I have seen for that price I think 180 including shipping i wear the sg-10 s and they are the most comfortable shoe I have ever put on

Gaerne makes the best boot for the money. I have ridden at least 20 pairs of boots out and nothing can touch Gaerne.

have you tried Forma's? I can't give input on Gaerne but Forma is a high quality boot at a low price

have you tried Forma's? I can't give input on Gaerne but Forma is a high quality boot at a low price

Haven't. Nice looking boot and in an adventure sole. Looks like my fave GX-1, unhinged and sturdy.

Have you owned them? I'd like to know if they are on the narrow or wide side of fitment.

Haven't. Nice looking boot and in an adventure sole. Looks like my fave GX-1, unhinged and sturdy.

Have you owned them? I'd like to know if they are on the narrow or wide side of fitment.

I'm on my 4th pair of Dominator comps, very nice boot. They basically come broken in. I don't have an overly wide foot but I would judge them as an inbetween boot between sidi and Gaerne. They also sell versions without an inner boot that would most likely accommodate a wider foot better.
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys i think I'm just going to spring for the gaerne g react boots they are only 254 so it's not that bad. I figured the Italian boot would have a reasonably small toe box and the hinge would allow for easy walking as well as shifting. I figured the cheap boots would only give me a cheap product so I might as well not be cheap lol.

• Like 1

The Gaerne GX-1 blows every other sub-$200 boot out of the water. They are still made in Italy too.

Put in a couple hours yesterday on my new GX-1s. 90% broken in and shifting "feel" just about perfect, very comfortable. Would buy again in a heartbeat. The buckle deal is the best I have ever used. Will add that I always insert a gel insole pad before I ever wear my boots, huge help with the comfort level. Dr. Scholls.

Hi Im pretty new to riding dirt bike Ive ben riding for half a year without mx boots. I decided it was time to buy a pair. I tried on the oneal elements and i hated them. the toebox was gigantic and the sole was super thick. I want a boot that has a small toe box and a not as thick sole at a under 200$$ price. My question is which is the best 661 comp boots, Gaerne gx-1, Fly maverik, or the moose m1.2?? any opinions are helpful. thanks for your help and I hope this is the correct forum to be posting about boots. If it isn't let me know. Thanks!

Yea ordered the oneal and had to add a Hammerhead shifter  +.20 just to shift my bike. Used to them now so no biggie .