Sign in to follow this  

NEED HELP

I have looked at the new KTM mx and xc models and I need help picking one. My top picks are the 125sx, 150sx, 200xc-w, and 250sxf. I and 6'0 so i can touch the ground. I am 250lb and I am a beginner but I now how to shift and handle a bike. I am going riding mx and trails so the best bike that can keep up with others on the track is a BIG plus. If you have any tips to help me pick that would be great.

-Alex pratt 

It sounds like you want one bike that does everything? I would say 250/300 XC. What years are you looking at? If you really want a small bore a 150XC would be a sweet bike. An XC can easily handle beginner MX and trails comfortably.

I am looking at from 2011 to 2014. How easy is the 150xc to fix? Is the 250xcf easier to ride than the 150xc? I dont think I will want something that I will have to be on the 'pipe' to have fun?

Edited by KTMFAN123

Yes a 250 four stroke will be easier to ride than a 150 which will have to be ridden aggressively with a lot of clutch work. Easy to fix? That depends on what you are trying to do. Apart from the top end they are similar bikes e.g. Suspension chassis and components. Even the bottom ends are the same idea and in my opinion basically the same to "fix" so the only real difference is your valves and timing which I am not sure but I don't think KTM has many issues with.

At your size I would think you would get bored of a 250 four stroke power wise pretty soon and they still like to be revved and rode hard. Not as much as a 150 but they still make most of there power real high. I would look at a 250/300 XC as they are amazing do it all bikes

Edited by pre-mixed