Rear brake caliper pad retainers with photos now

The larger spring pad and the smaller retainer bracket that the brake pads ride against and slip into...  The pad closest to wheel, the floating side, is not riding on the spring pad, it is slid off to the inside and the spring pad is touching the disk... You can see where it was touching the disk in the first photo.  In the second photo the spring pad has dropped down slightly on the left side...

ordering a new spring pad... other than that, any ideas...   thanks Mike

DSC03455.JPG

DSC03461.JPG

Edited by mnotary

Not quite sure what the question is here but if the pad is not riding on the spring something isn't assembled correctly.

Yours looks crooked.

The bike comes from the factory with an insulator between the pad and caliper puck.

Most aftermarket pads recommend you discard the insulator.

I am using the names of the parts that are used in the Honda parts finder... not sure how else to describe them...  The puck side shim would make since... not sure why a shim would be needed on the opposite (inside) pad...

Is the spring pad supposed to go under the retainer bracket?  I tried it that way... couldn't get the pad all the way up to the pin...

It has been like this since I bought the bike used... didn't notice until now when the rear wheel was off...

thanks  Mike

Your spring pad? is not in the right spot.  It should be up so the pads push against the top near the brake pin.  I took a picture of how it should look.  I didnt take anything apart but it should give you the right idea.  Let me know if you cant get it figured out and ill try and take some better photos.

photo.JPG

The shim behind the pad isnt his problem, some pads dont use shims.  I had this same problem when i first bought my bike (2005 crf250r)  the spring pad is just in the wrong spot.  It should be closer to the top of the caliper and the brake pin.  I will try and take mine apart today to get better pictures.

I was trying to put it together the way I found it.. should have known better.  Totally see it now.  In the previous photo I thought the caliper was different because the spring pad end was "out" of the caliper... I see what you mean by "up" toward the pin...

It is a bit odd how well it "fits" into the caliper when it is where I originally had it...

Thanks so much for the help.

Edited by mnotary