Sign in to follow this  

Cr480 rebuilt!

TImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397888919.720905.jpg

That's what it was before. I changed the tire out and put a fmf pipe on it. I took it apart because the case broke il have to take a picture tomorow and upload it

I just love the look of the big fined motor!

Dirt rider had an article back in the day on how to make those forks work excellent, I did it to mine and it was a fastastic ijprovenet, smooth, great stroke and never bottom on even the biggest hits. Loved that bike. Sold it to some dweeb who tipped it over in ice cold water and didn't get it back upright soon enough. Warped the cylinder then wanted his money back due to defective used bike... Wish I would have taken it back!!!

It had the blue seat that went up on the tank and the forks looked a little different. I know in 03 they had several versions or so I am told and mine was a late model. Of course I bought it from a dealer shop manager so who knows what I really had LOL...

it was an 83 left side kick, blue seat up the tank, looked more like a 84 cr250 to me as far as panels, seat and tank. All the hard parts were 03 cr480, it all fit when I rebuilt it. Maybe he had modified it with 84 parts since it was purchased late 84.

it was an 83 left side kick, blue seat up the tank, looked more like a 84 cr250 to me as far as panels, seat and tank. All the hard parts were 03 cr480, it all fit when I rebuilt it. Maybe he had modified it with 84 parts since it was purchased late 84.

What are 03 CR 480 hard parts?

That looks like an 82 CR480. The 83 was basically a really refined model, but it look a good bit different. The 83 had a low boy fuel tank, a blue safety seat that extended up onto the tank and squared off side panels. Also, the plastic itself was an orange/red color instead of the darker red previously used. I had friends that had both model. Performance was similar, just visually a little different. Great bikes!

ya yWandell ou just described my 03, Hard parts should have said engine and suspension parts.