USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Rolling north from So Cal in June.. info needed...

Hola my far north cold weather moto amigos!!!! 

Im headed your way in june for the FUnky Chicken HS and looking to BRAAAP!!! all over the PNW and possibly into Canada (may 26th-june15th)

Original plan was to head to Canada for the first couple Canadian National MX races and swing back through Oregon for the HS on my way south, But I I may give up the dream of doing the nationals. looking for a plan B!  

Its all a toss up for now but Im hoping to be rolling by may 26th (after my Glen helen hangover fades).

I am in need of ride locations, local races, or ride partners. (Im an A class racer that will gladly ride with anyone that will show me the good stuff)

Im interested in riding expert level singletrack but ill have a "dual sport" bike if need be. 

Weather? Is there going to be too much snow for trail rides? What elevation range should I be looking for to avoid overwhelming snow. 

Id like to hit Washougal... any other motocross tracks worth a visit?

For the majority of the time ill be rolling around in my box van by myself...

So if any of you guys would like to meet up... send me a message and I would gladly return the favor anytime you landed in Socal or Baja. 

Anything helps! 

thanks!

Jordan 

Also wouldnt mind doing some MTB rides near Portland as I have a couple friends ill be visiting there. 

Your time period is JUST when the singletrack in the mountains are melting out and being cleared. Not a ton of open mileage by June, but some is available. Some of us are working trail clearing crews gettin' them open from mid to late may through all of June. Good low land riding is out there though.

Joe

Your time period is JUST when the singletrack in the mountains are melting out and being cleared. Not a ton of open mileage by June, but some is available. Some of us are working trail clearing crews gettin' them open from mid to late may through all of June. Good low land riding is out there though.

Joe

Thats what I figured. Im sure i can still find enough to get myself into trouble. 

Riverdale Raceway is always a fun track.

perfect! Ill check it out! 

I'll show you around after June 1st. There are at least 3 days of riding between Walker Valley in Washington, Mcnutt in Maple Ridge BC, and Vedder Mountain in Chilliwack BC. All of these trails can be ridden year round. If you still aren't tired of riding there are a couple more riding areas near Seattle. The "good" stuff is up north. (as long as you like technical terrain)

https://www.youtube.com/user/lincolnlock/videos

June is early for the big mountains, but the coast range west of Portland will be in perfect condition.  Hit me up and let me know when you'll be near Portland and I'll ride with you.  I'm down for woods, moto, dez or dunes.

I've got family in Orange County and Mammoth and spend a good chuck of time at each.  I dont have a bike for OC, but I do bring my bikes to Mammoth and spend 2-3 weeks there in August.  Will ride Kennedy Meadows and (hopefully) Downieville this year.

Edited by Pincushion

I'll show you around after June 1st. There are at least 3 days of riding between Walker Valley in Washington, Mcnutt in Maple Ridge BC, and Vedder Mountain in Chilliwack BC. All of these trails can be ridden year round. If you still aren't tired of riding there are a couple more riding areas near Seattle. The "good" stuff is up north. (as long as you like technical terrain)

Lookin for a tour guide for south of the border first week of July.  Maybe 5MOH?

Im kinda thinking ill head straight to BC may 26th then circle back around and plan to be in oregon/ washington area june 6th- 16th (ish), and would love to get together for a ride. Technical is good. If I dont cuss at my motorcycle at least once in a ride I dont think I tried to go to the right place. 

June is early for the big mountains, but the coast range west of Portland will be in perfect condition.  Hit me up and let me know when you'll be near Portland and I'll ride with you.  I'm down for woods, moto, dez or dunes.

I've got family in Orange County and Mammoth and spend a good chuck of time at each.  I dont have a bike for OC, but I do bring my bikes to Mammoth and spend 2-3 weeks there in August.  Will ride Kennedy Meadows and (hopefully) Downieville this year.

Portland is a must stop for me... I have a handfull of friends that left so cal for portland and I plan to swing through to see them for a few days.

August in mammoth is awesome. I may hit the mammoth mx on my way back south if time complies. 

Im kinda thinking ill head straight to BC may 26th then circle back around and plan to be in oregon/ washington area june 6th- 16th (ish), and would love to get together for a ride. Technical is good. If I dont cuss at my motorcycle at least once in a ride I dont think I tried to go to the right place. 

I won't be back to Washington until the 29th. So if you are still around I'll have you swearing at your bike in no time.

I won't be back to Washington until the 29th. So if you are still around I'll have you swearing at your bike in no time.

Deal! 

Rolling through redding ca now. Would like to get a short ride day in tmro some place in Oregon. Any Moto tracks open for the holiday?

Ill be heading to BC for a week and then coming back south around June 7th if anyone wants to meet up for a ride lemme know.

Anyone going to ride the AMA HS in Oregon on the 15th? I plan to hit that on my way home.

check the omra.com boards for info on connecting for trail rides.

quick list of some but not all tracks with practice days.-

Riverdale MX -Toutle WA - weekends, but if owner around and you call him he sometimes will open the track for you.

Mountianview - Sandy OR - Tuesdays and weekends

Portland Internationa Raceway (PIR) - Portland, OR - Thursday Nights

Albany MX - Albany OR - Wednesday and Weekends

Washougal MX - open practice June 7th

The Funky Chicken is killer.

check the omra.com boards for info on connecting for trail rides.

quick list of some but not all tracks with practice days.-

Riverdale MX -Toutle WA - weekends, but if owner around and you call him he sometimes will open the track for you.

Mountianview - Sandy OR - Tuesdays and weekends

Portland Internationa Raceway (PIR) - Portland, OR - Thursday Nights

Albany MX - Albany OR - Wednesday and Weekends

Washougal MX - open practice June 7th

The Funky Chicken is killer.

Awesome! Ill prob hot most of those Mx tracks the week of the 7-15. Thanks for the info!