Sign in to follow this  

BritishColumbia BC in June?

Hello Canadian moto dudes!

I plan to try and travel north from California on may 26th and spend a week or two cruising around BC riding as much of the good stuff as I can get to.

weather in early june? 

I originally  chose these two weeks as an attempt to qualify for Canadian nationals in the MX2 class.  but I feel my time may have passed on that... Im interested in doing some Offroad races and single track rides. Where should I go? Any other races june 1st? or june 6th?

Anyone wanna hook up for some trail rides? Id be glad to show you around so cal or Baja if ever in the area...

Thanks for the help

Jordan 

as a side note... How about whistler bike park? any idea when the Downhill stuff opens? i imagine ill be a bit early... 

I also posted a similar thread in Oregon section: 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1080973-rolling-north-from-so-cal-in-june-info-needed/

Kamloops is good riding in June. Hot out, but not blistering.... We've got some of the best riding in BC here. I can also shack you up and put you to work for spare change if need be....

Whistler bike park opens for May long weekend.

Offroad race schedule

http://www.pnwma.com/calendar/races

If you come to Whistler area I could show you around to some good trail riding. We also have a good MX track.

Cool! I was really hoping to get to ride whistler bike park.  Id be glad to meet up for a ride, I hear the singletrack up there is epic! 

Kamloops is good riding in June. Hot out, but not blistering.... We've got some of the best riding in BC here. I can also shack you up and put you to work for spare change if need be....

hot doesnt bother me.. we have plenty of hot here in so cal! 

The work for spare change is a really cool offer! Had a dream years ago to take off in my van and work odd jobs till the horizon went away... 

On the coast the weather can be hit or miss early June but it should be ok. We have a race at Chipmunk Creek in Chilliwack BC June 8th it's one of the harder races in the series I feel.

Lost of great places to ride here on the coast...

Mcnutt/Blue Mountain in Maple Ridge - some of the most challenging single track around, this is a must do if you are planning a riding trip in the area.

Vedder Mountain Chilliwack - lots of trails, easy to expert. Camping close by at Cultis lake. 

Chipmunk Creek Chilliwack - pretty good as well, moderate to expert trails. Camping available.

Hope BC  Nickelmine- more family oriented but still lots of good trails. Campsite for club members.

Squamish (between Vancouver and Whistler) Two areas Cat Lake and Lava Flow, both are good but smaller that the other areas.

Farther inland you have more choices, I'm sure Monk will fill you in. I recommend Lytton BC, Onion lake. Huge area with what is considered some of the best single track in the world. Might be a bit early in the year though as it's at a high elevation.

I would be happy to show you around some of these areas if you need a guide.

Quite easy to put together a loop through the south west corner of the province scattered with day rides in each location. Vancouver (McNutt) to Squamish to Whistler (for bike park) to Lytton (Onion Lake), to Kamloops (Greenstone/Inks) to Hope (Nickel) to Chilliwack and then back to McNutt to punish you again before heading home.

North of Whistler is an area called the Chilcotins. Lots of fun riding  there, but no hotels. 

Quite easy to put together a loop through the south west corner of the province scattered with day rides in each location. Vancouver (McNutt) to Squamish to Whistler (for bike park) to Lytton (Onion Lake), to Kamloops (Greenstone/Inks) to Hope (Nickel) to Chilliwack and then back to McNutt to punish you again before heading home.

North of Whistler is an area called the Chilcotins. Lots of fun riding there, but no hotels.

Not much of anything in the Chilcotin. I'm from there!

Good dual-sporting though. Tons and tons of old mining roads and such but you need something with a 400km+ range tank....

On the coast the weather can be hit or miss early June but it should be ok. We have a race at Chipmunk Creek in Chilliwack BC June 8th it's one of the harder races in the series I feel.

Lost of great places to ride here on the coast...

Mcnutt/Blue Mountain in Maple Ridge - some of the most challenging single track around, this is a must do if you are planning a riding trip in the area.

Vedder Mountain Chilliwack - lots of trails, easy to expert. Camping close by at Cultis lake. 

Chipmunk Creek Chilliwack - pretty good as well, moderate to expert trails. Camping available.

Hope BC  Nickelmine- more family oriented but still lots of good trails. Campsite for club members.

Squamish (between Vancouver and Whistler) Two areas Cat Lake and Lava Flow, both are good but smaller that the other areas.

Farther inland you have more choices, I'm sure Monk will fill you in. I recommend Lytton BC, Onion lake. Huge area with what is considered some of the best single track in the world. Might be a bit early in the year though as it's at a high elevation.

I would be happy to show you around some of these areas if you need a guide.

awesome!

I figure Ill be in canada for 10-12 days. Id love a tour guide! Unfortunately most of my ride days will be Mid week... But id love any and all ride buddys I can get.

awesome!

I figure Ill be in canada for 10-12 days. Id love a tour guide! Unfortunately most of my ride days will be Mid week... But id love any and all ride buddys I can get.

No problem let me know when you are coming to the area, I've got lots of vacation days to use up this year. 

awesome!

I own my own landscaping company so I can take a day or two off. Hence why I can also put you to work. I can always use a good strong back! :smirk:

Whorehay, what bike do you have? Only ask because it may restrict where you can ride? 

I meant to ask about the eco rules up there... 

I planned on bringing my 2 strokes and a KLX 450 "dual sport" for the "cleaner" rides.

Whorehay, what bike do you have? Only ask because it may restrict where you can ride? 

I planned on bringing my 2 strokes and a KLX 450 "dual sport" for the "cleaner" rides.

No eco rules...ride what you want, where you want, wherever you want! (all within respect though, not blasting through farmers fields etc etc)

If you want to ride on the public roads you will need your plated KLX though...

Silver Star in Vernon opens the end of June for Downhill Mtn Biking

http://summer.skisilverstar.com

The Okanagan has lots of riding areas to choose from and conditions vary depending on rain.

Bear Creek in Kelowna (Kelowna being one of the destinations to see on big trips to Western Canada) requires a spark arrestor and sound year-round. (www.bearcreekohv.ca). There's also a variety of different terrain riding in Vernon, Peachland, Naramata and OK Falls.

From conversations with friends that ride WORCS, Races here are pretty different. We have more tight trails sections and sometimes Endurocross versus WORCS trail/moto style track sections. Not sure if I have that correct though.

Going in for Hip Surgery late June but could probably help with finding you a ride if you come by this way.

Silver Star in Vernon opens the end of June for Downhill Mtn Biking

http://summer.skisilverstar.com

The Okanagan has lots of riding areas to choose from and conditions vary depending on rain.

Bear Creek in Kelowna (Kelowna being one of the destinations to see on big trips to Western Canada) requires a spark arrestor and sound year-round. (www.bearcreekohv.ca). There's also a variety of different terrain riding in Vernon, Peachland, Naramata and OK Falls.

From conversations with friends that ride WORCS, Races here are pretty different. We have more tight trails sections and sometimes Endurocross versus WORCS trail/moto style track sections. Not sure if I have that correct though.

Going in for Hip Surgery late June but could probably help with finding you a ride if you come by this way.

Thanks! great info! As it gets closer to go time Ill have to make a "plan" and I hope I get get a chance to get into some good riding and meet up with you all. 

For the last few years I have been racing everything from WORCS to National Hare scrambles... I actually prefer the tight technical woods courses over the faster GP style events. Unfortunately So cal has a serious lack of technical CC/ Hare scramble races.

I also raced the vegas Endurocross a couple years ago and have raced a couple pretty tough "hard enduro" type events as well. In a perfect world I'd like to do a race a week while Im on the road. I just want to make sure I do the best stuff as my time will be limited.

So far... June 15th ill be doing a hare scramble in Oregon on my way back south, the rest is still up in the air.

Good luck with the Hip... I broke mine in 2009, that was a long haul. 

No eco rules...ride what you want, where you want, wherever you want! (all within respect though, not blasting through farmers fields etc etc)

If you want to ride on the public roads you will need your plated KLX though...

Thats good news! 

I plan to bring my RM 250 for moto, KTM 250XC for woods.... and maybe the KLX If i think it will get used once I put together a plan.

How about crossing the Border? bring paperwork for the bikes? Is the North border anything like crossing the south border?