Kickstand?

Hello, I was planning on getting a set of 17" warp9 wheels with street tires and I was reading in a different thread that if you get those you need to get a shorter kickstand. Is that true or is the stock one fine? I was just curious from people who have got those wheels what they think. 

Hello, I was planning on getting a set of 17" warp9 wheels with street tires and I was reading in a different thread that if you get those you need to get a shorter kickstand. Is that true or is the stock one fine? I was just curious from people who have got those wheels what they think.

Stock one works just fine. No need to modify or but a shorter one.

Stock one works just fine. No need to modify or but a shorter one.

That's probably true, but I think I'd change it anyways. On an old sportbike of mine I had gotten a flat tire in the rear. I pulled over and called the wife to bring the truck. As I was waiting the tire got flatter and flatter until there absolutely no air. Anyways, the tire being that flat made the bike sit bolt upright. Damn near straight up and down. Made me nervous, but figured it was staying so it must be ok. And it was.... until.... a semi drove by and the slight shaking of the ground was enough to tip the bike over. The amount of damage my bike got just falling over was unreal. And all it took to fall over was a little trembling in the ground. It was a gas station and the semi was just driving by on street at only 35mph or so, so it wasn't the wind.

• Like 2

You would just have to pay a lot more attention and be more pickey about your parking spaces.  Make sure you always part with the kickstand on the downhill side, or that your that your wheels are parked on something taller than where your kickstand will sit.  Like when riding offroad sometimes it can be a pain to find a spot where the bike will sit on the kickstand because the ground is uneven everywhere!

I feel your pain Ninja.  Sport bikes are NOT CHEAP AT ALL to fix even when all they do is tip over!!!!  I went down on mine going less than 10mph and probably spent close to 2 grand fixing it when all said and done.  Sport bike plastics and parts are not cheap!!

i think we need someone to get stock of that R&G footplate. They don't ship out of UK and no dealers had it listed.  gnath?.....calling nath to the white phone...gnath the white phone...  :D

And who was it making the plastic skidplate? We need a frame cover on the left side, the paint gets rubbed off.  

• Like 1

i think we need someone to get stock of that R&G footplate. They don't ship out of UK and no dealers had it listed.  gnath?.....calling nath to the white phone...gnath the white phone...   :D

And who was it making the plastic skidplate? We need a frame cover on the left side, the paint gets rubbed off.  

My plastic skid plate is a Moose racing ..... is it these guys that do not ship the "shoe" ...  :confused:  http://goo.gl/GeValc here is another ... http://goo.gl/jHLTis

PKS0026SIa.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

it was R&G itself, irc. The second link, techmoto.de,...odd, there is no way to add it to cart [?]...but i see "wir versenden DHL" - no ways, it would cost me about $100 equivalent with shipping. Never Germany, they outsourced the postal service - for international - to DHL, good old privatisation. 
But i think this thing is a great design. Although i think it might just as well be nylon/plastic, would do the job. 
hmm, those are two versions of the same website, same company. same everything except the company logo /name. Still no add to cart button. hey? .....ok, if i add it to watchlist, then view the watchlist, the watchlist and cart are the same, and the checkout button is there. But just No to DHL. This thing could fit in a small padded envelope, $30...i guess that would still be a total of nearly $100.  :S

Edited by Cat ji

Park your bike with some 1/2" thick wood under the tires and see what its like.

Ya that's what we did, forgot to mention that thanks

Good to here from you.  ?  It's been a long cold winter here too. 

How's life been treating you otherwise?    

What about Bob???  :thinking:

Not too bad thanks for asking. I see you're still kicking around ?

We are just in the process of moving so hopefully get around to riding soon

• Like 2