Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna TE250 or Ktm exc250f

I'm looking to move on from my Crf250x and I'm thinking either a te250 or exc250f. I ride a bit of everything, compete in local enduros and ride the occasional mx practice as well as ride some trails. So looking for a good all rounder. Low maintenance would be ideal, don't want to be re-shimming valves every month. I'm pretty tall at 6'4" and 185lbs, I've heard the huskys are pretty tall so that might suit me?

What would you recommend??

if you don't need street licensed bike then the TXC Husky or XCW KTM might work. The TE and EXC are street legal I believe. You could stiffen your suspension, add R cams and piston, add R exhaust, and cut pink wire on your X and it would be more aggressive for track use.

As far as the Husky being taller, mine is. I like the brand after buying a new one back in December.

Edited by shrubitup

I don't need a street legal bike and either of those would be ideal I just haven't got the money to buy one! Budget is about £3000/ $5000.

I could spend a fortune on my X but its 10 years old now and it seems to eat valves real quick. It doesn't quite have as much power as I'd like and thought the husky or ktm might have a bit more grunt. I've thought about a TE310 as well, might have a bit more to give than a 250.