Hattah desert race - how often to refuel 250 sxf

Hi guys , I'm looking to do the hattah this year,I was just wondering how often I should refuel ,I'm thinking after every two or three laps but this is my first time and I don't know what the tracks like. And any other tips for the race ? Fair to say Hattah wisdom is appreciated. Haha

Cheers!

depends on the size of your tank when we ran the 525s with 13 lt tanks we were filling up every 2nd lap.But it depends on conditions you might want a goggle change sooner and or a bit of a rest (the sand tends to take it out of you)try not to use a to big of a tank as the longer the race goes on the rougher it gets.

I have a both a 7 and 9 lt tank which one would go with for a 250? Would I have to fill up every lap with both? If so I would just take the 7 lt for less weight and fill up every lap. Thanks ?

I have a both a 7 and 9 lt tank which one would go with for a 250? Would I have to fill up every lap with both? If so I would just take the 7 lt for less weight and fill up every lap. Thanks ?

You will prob get more info/answers asking the question on www.dirtbikeworld.net/forums

Even with the 9 IMO you will still be marginal making 2 laps on a 250F at Hattah if you ride at any kind of pace, sand = lots of throttle = lots of fuel.

Run the 7 and pit every lap, trust me, you will need the break anyway and its a good chance to refuel the body and change googles etc aswell.