Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Washington NE WA Riders: Little Pend Oreille Trail Clearing April 26-27

There is a DNR-sponsored trail clearing volunteer work party taking place next weekend at Sherry Creek campground.  We will meet at 9 AM each morning at the campground day use parking area. Hours worked will be credited toward a free Discover Pass (24 hours required). Bring your bike, a packable chainsaw if you have one, poppers, clippers, or just a pair of gloves and a strong back. Volunteers will not be required to have a Discover Pass for the weekend and a group of us will be camping.  Come up and have some preseason fun!

Should be. We had more snow last year and went up the same weekend and cut about 30 miles of trail. Heading up in the Jeep tomorrow to scout everything out. The DNR trail is all the low elevation stuff between Sherry Creek and Flodelle. Should be able to drive to the Radar Dome without issue tomorrow.

• Like 1

I was heading up to Colville to stay at my moms house next weekend and figured there was too much snow to bring my bike. Now i might have to change my mind on that after all and head up there

Drove my Jeep right to the top of the Radar Dome. Probably didn't need 4wd, but the wife and little ones were in there so I took it easy. Maybe a touch more snow than last year, but should still have 30 miles of easily accessible trail to cut.

I plan on riding there for the first time this Summer. Will have a riding buddy of mine from the Westside joining me. Will be staying with relatives near the Colville airport.

Would like to meet up with fellow riders who live around Colville area. Hopefully we could meet up for a guided ride

Edited by Turboslacker

tons of killer trails. Go to the yamaha shop in town. They sell cheap maps. Radar dome is the bomb. And if you know where to go.....probably literally thousands of miles of duel sporting two track too

I plan on riding there for the first time this Summer. Will have a riding buddy of mine from the Westside joining me. Will be staying with relatives near the Colville airport.

Would like to meet up with fellow riders who live around Colville area. Hopefully we could meet up for a guided ride . Shoot me a PM please.

Also curious how many total miles of moto trail is there at LPO?

4z and I are both "local" to the area.  4z is the tour guide, I'm just cheap entertainment.

Would like to meet up with fellow riders who live around Colville area. Hopefully we could meet up for a guided ride . Shoot me a PM please.

Also curious how many total miles of moto trail is there at LPO?

Grab dinner at Stephanies Oak Street Bar and Grill.  A great restaurant that puts many nice west side restaurants to shame.  I would like to retire in Covile someday.

NC

I would like to retire in Covile someday.

NC

That's my plan too. Hopefully in about 10 years from now.

Grab dinner at Stephanies Oak Street Bar and Grill.  A great restaurant that puts many nice west side restaurants to shame.  I would like to retire in Covile someday.

NC

recession hit the Pend Oreille valley hard.  I think only the cafe' in Metaline Falls has food.  Nothing in Ione, everything was closed when I was there last.  I think the bar in Metaline may have been open.  The Log Cabin restaraunt was closed for business south of Ione. 

Kinda sucks, I like eating breakfast on the river.  Anybody know if Down River Days is happening this year?

Down River Days is a definite go from what I've heard.  And yes, you are right about the economy tanking in the Pend Oreille valley but I just heard today that Teck is reopening the mine in Metaline so hopefully that will boost things a bit.  If it doesn't Metaline may blow away in the wind, I don't think there's much of anything left there anymore.

That's my plan too. Hopefully in about 10 years from now.

buy land now. Make sure you can drill for water without losing your shirt. I have owned a house up in Rice since 2000 and Everytime i go out theres another luxury log home going in. Land is is still pretty cheap. But its not going to stay that way forever. More and more people are discovering the area.

Down River Days is a definite go from what I've heard.  And yes, you are right about the economy tanking in the Pend Oreille valley but I just heard today that Teck is reopening the mine in Metaline so hopefully that will boost things a bit.  If it doesn't Metaline may blow away in the wind, I don't think there's much of anything left there anymore.

what about all that 'vacation' property that lines the river?  I've heard some folks have lost their arses on that stuff.  I'd love to get a cabin up there for cheap.

what about all that 'vacation' property that lines the river?  I've heard some folks have lost their arses on that stuff.  I'd love to get a cabin up there for cheap.

I couldn't tell you, I can't afford to buy any land so I haven't been watching the market!

I don't want to be 'on the river'....I want to be back in the hills.  Not sure what they are doing across the steel bridge and to the North toward Sullivan Lake.  I wouldn't mind a cabin over there.  I'll build my own trails :)

I don't want to be 'on the river'....I want to be back in the hills.  Not sure what they are doing across the steel bridge and to the North toward Sullivan Lake.  I wouldn't mind a cabin over there.  I'll build my own trails :)

Nothing much going on, a few places for sale between the bridge and the lake.

buy land now. Make sure you can drill for water without losing your shirt. I have owned a house up in Rice since 2000 and Everytime i go out theres another luxury log home going in. Land is is still pretty cheap. But its not going to stay that way forever. More and more people are discovering the area.

I have spent a fair amount of time that area but have not heard of Rice.  What other towns are nearby?

NC