Sign in to follow this  

2007 carb issues

Bought this blown bike for 700. Invested 1300 and my leg hurts from kicking it. 1st night I got it running with the choke but no idle without. So I thought I would pull the jets and clean her out. Granted, this bike sat for a yearsince it was blown. all looked good, no gumming, if anything a little dirt. Everything is stock. Put her back together an it seems as though no fuel is getting to the plug. I bought the bike a month ago, new valves cylinder, cylinder head etc. etc. valves are in spec, everything is torqued right. She started fine once she was warmed up. Would the decomp mod help or do I need to focus my efforts on this carb. Fuel screw is two turns out. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated by this carb because I am new. But hey I did get it to start. Ps, the plug is good and the spark is hellacious. And to top everything off, the weather is awesome!!!!!!

I just bought a used 07 also, you probably have to clean the carb out better, they can be plugged in areas you can't see. Remove all the little jets and bleeds in the carb, use a little piece of wire to run through them and blow ALL the jets and passages in the carb out with COMPRESSED AIR and if the valves are in spec, you got good spark and fresh gas, should fire within a few kicks. And a good starting procedure helps too! 

Oh, and make sure all the o-rings and a/p diapham is in good shape.

I think the whole carb is coming off this afternoo, rather than just dropping the bottom off. Thanks for the input bud, I do appreciate ot all responses.