Sign in to follow this  

KYB forks rattle!?

I recently bought a 2002 CR125. It's in need of sone TLC.

I stripped the bike down and when I got the forks in my hands I shook them a little and could hear ratteling. It sounds like the spring is hitting the sidewall (but I obviously can't know for sure). Both are making the same sound.

Would this be normal for KWB forks? What would the odds be of both forks being broken?

Edited by Crazyced

The spring is not compressed very much when the fork is fully extended. That's why the spring rattles around in there. Mine does the same and nothing is broken in there.

The spring is not compressed very much when the fork is fully extended. That's why the spring rattles around in there. Mine does the same and nothing is broken in there.

Could be. I'm asking because I can't remember my Showa forks doing something similar.

Could be. I'm asking because I can't remember my Showa forks doing something similar.

if i remember correctly the kyb the 125 uses are open bath type forks and not cartridge forks like the showa.  that could be why you can hear the spring on the kyb and not the showas