Sign in to follow this  

Gear bags that dont cost 100 bucks?

Anyone know of a decent gear bag that you dont have to spend over like 75 bucks or so on? gotta be big enough for boots and whatnot, and i dont care if it is brand name!

I don't know if no fear retail stores are around anymore but I purchased an fmf gear bag from them in I think 2008 or 2009 for $40. You can also check EBay for discount prices on new overstock that's a few years old or for off brand

Get a plastic storage container from your local department store.

• Like 2

I use a Walmart duffel bag , 20$ and enough space for all my gear. 100$ are you out of your damn mind? It's all about a name brand or image. Just do what works with you

• Like 4

I got a free camo duffle bag for buying something and it worked out perfectly.  I can carry my Helmet, goggles, gloves, boots and shin/knee guards and still close the bag.  I put my bottles of oil in one said and my service manual in the other side. 

It literally fits perfectly but couldn't hold another thing.  What makes this bag work is the zipper on top opens the hole top of the bag and doesn't just go down the middle.  I think if you searched around for cheap hunting bags or anything like that you could find one that works for less then $20.

i found a giant duffle bag at a truck stop for 5 bucks once.  im still pissed i only bought one, i should have bought all 4 they had

Edited by 563ripper
  • Like 1

trash-bag.jpg

Been using that  for about ten years now. Have three expensive bags that I leave in my shop now. The garbage bag holds everything I actually need and is great on the way home for wet gear.  I do carry another small bag for toiletries, meds, etc. Much simpler. :thumbsup:

Shop for close-outs at the online superstores and I'm sure you'll find a decent one. I paid $60 for a really nice Fox bag about 5 years ago and I use the hell out of it. It's got the little roll-out changing mat and everything.

Order a Centrex "Commander 25-Gallon Tote with Latching Lid" from Lowes....$27.  They're usually not stocked at your local store, but I had it shipped to me for $42.  I was shopping for a gear bag and got the idea from a Dirt Rider mag.  Perfect.  Don't settle for one of those light and flimsy topped storage containers.  Also, you won't need anything larger than this 25 Gallon one, but don't go smaller either.  My boots stand up perfectly in it along with my helmet and protective gear.  Man, I use at my riding spot as a seat, workbench or picnic table too...lol :thumbsup:

Check it out....http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=306966-61896-306966&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=4487914&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Edited by dbcon
  • Like 1

I spent $120 on a gear bag but I use it at least once a week, for the past 3 years. I use it for a summer/winter gear bag and it is also my suitcase for traveling. But yeah look around for close outs if you're not looking to spend lots

Edited by Bucknuts21

I found a gear bag at Walmart with wheels, lots of pockets, etc.....$25.....lasted a whole year now.  It's kinda cool in that it has two main compartments. One that is entirely underneath the other.  Works well for wet gear.  I don't like to put my boots in my gear bag...given I ride in the mud 9 months out of the year.