Sign in to follow this  

2006 Crf100 help please!

Heh guys I'm new here I made the bad choice of buying a 4 banger and I already have problems... So anyways when I get on this bike to ride it I take off and the gears seem a lot shorter and powerless! Like I can rev the you know what out of the bike in second and it goes like 10 I have to really be easy on it gradually getting to top speed! And idea what this is!! I just cleaned the air filter because it was absolutely caked on I was almost thinking that it was the sprocket being trashed it kinda bogs out with rapid acceleration but sometimes it will rev really high and not go as fast as it should! One of my buddies say my timing chain was stretched any ideas? Sorry this might not make sense

Heh guys I'm new here I made the bad choice of buying a 4 banger and I already have problems... So anyways when I get on this bike to ride it I take off and the gears seem a lot shorter and powerless! Like I can rev the you know what out of the bike in second and it goes like 10 I have to really be easy on it gradually getting to top speed! And idea what this is!! I just cleaned the air filter because it was absolutely caked on I was almost thinking that it was the sprocket being trashed it kinda bogs out with rapid acceleration but sometimes it will rev really high and not go as fast as it should! One of my buddies say my timing chain was stretched any ideas? Sorry this might not make sense

First off a crf100 isn't going to be lightning fast any way since it is aimed for starters. But if you mess with sprocket sizing them you should feel a difference. And make sure you check the oil filter for shavings instead of just draining out a little bit because that could just mean the oil filter is doing its job.

There wasn't any shavings in the oil filter and I know it's not gonna be super fast but I noticed a huge decline in top speed and just every gear is slower now

Do you know what a slipping clutch feels like? From your vague description, can't tell carb or clutch problem. Write precise desription, you can never give enough info, and we can help pinpoint. CRF100's are quite simple machines and you cant go wrong buying one that already runs.

If I'm riding it and I give it some gas it feels almost like there's a delay before the clutch grabs like half a second like I be like brap grab like just putting down the street if I rev it it takes a 0.5 sec to grab it sounds like

Yes the lever is a little too floppy for my liking I ride a Cr500 as my main bike so I'm used to a firm clutch grab

Ill have to get some gaskets and oil I drained it looking for metal and popped the covers off