Source for Trail Tech fan kit temp sensor?

Trail Tech sells two bolt on fan kits, a Honda and a KTM kit. The KTM kit includes a slide in temp sensor to monitor radiator coolant temp. It slides in between the radiator fins. 

I've been looking to try and find a source for such a sensor so I can add it onto my own custom radiator fan kit. Doesn't anyone know  a source for such sensors? My radiators don't have the bung for the other types of screw in temp sensors and this slide in type looks like just the ticket. 

fan sensor.jpg

You will also need the TrailTech thermometer/controller because it controls the fan, the sensor only provides a temp data signal to the controller. That is what I like about the TrailTech fan kit, you can adjust the on/off temp and also see  the water temp.

Most other electric fans use a temperature snap switch preset to a on/off temp. 

You can find the TT Fan kits on ebay for about $150.

The other option is use computer fans and a manual switch. A single TT fan pumps enough air to be effective, IMO a single computer fan won't pump enough air. 

Search Therm-o-disc.  They make thermostatic switches.  You can buy them at mouser.com

The Trail Tech kit won't fit my KTM 450 XCF with IMS tank, thus why I have put a custom kit on it. 

So here's another question: I have an inline temp sensor for my Trail Tech computer on my bike. Wonder if it'd be a problem to tap onto that sensor wire and run it through a fan controller switch?

Yeah, you need a thermostatic switch.  Follow the link, here is one that switches on at 200F and off at 180F, that's just about perfect for your application.  It's robust enough to switch the fan directly without relays.  It's just over $7.  220F to 200F would be more ideal and cycle less but this is pretty close.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/White-Rodgers/3F01-200/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMusbZ2pNxAMxyY9mClKi9vaucYdES8jjbw%3d

You can bed it to the cylinder head or the radiator tank with some thermally conductive or metal filled epoxy.

Edited by 1987CR250R

I know that this is an old topic, but I am in a similar situation, and I think I might have a solution, and would like to see what others think before I pull the trigger.  Here is the switch that I am considering...

https://www.amazon.com/American-Volt-Single-Thermostat-Radiator/dp/B01E52MZQ0/ref=sr_1_116?ie=UTF8&qid=1468515269&sr=8-116&keywords=radiator+probe

I will be running a 12v. battery pack, and I am hoping to get a couple of hours of run time.  I am going to run a SPAL 2.2A puller fan.  The YZ450f is unable to run the Trail Tech system due to not having enough power to keep fuel flowing when the fan kicks on, and I am looking for a way to keep temps down while out riding with my daughter and wife, (slow paced).