Sign in to follow this  

r&d flex jet

just installed this r&d flex jet to replace my stock pilot screw.i have a 05 crf 450r it very easy to install however as I screw it in I couldn't feel the slightly seated position.now my bike is not cranking on the third or 4th kick.what could cause this. im afraid to screw the knob in forcefully to get into the seated position unless some one could shed some light on the subject to help me out

Take it out and make sure you have the spring, washer and o-ring on there. It should bottom out EXACTLY like a factory Keihin screw does.

Make sure that the old o-ring and washer came out with the old screw.

Take off the carb bowl screw that attaches the knob/cable to the carb and see if you can feel it bottom without the bend in it.

That's about it, I mean it's a pretty basic deal. Bet one of those two upper ones has your solution.

Take it out and make sure you have the spring, washer and o-ring on there. It should bottom out EXACTLY like a factory Keihin screw does.

Make sure that the old o-ring and washer came out with the old screw.

Take off the carb bowl screw that attaches the knob/cable to the carb and see if you can feel it bottom without the bend in it.

That's about it, I mean it's a pretty basic deal. Bet one of those two upper ones has your solution.

that's what I pretty much did I screwed it in with the hose strait and I have the stock screw on stand by with the spring,washer,& o ring so I know it all came out. it just didn't feel like it bottomed out I don't no I may take it back off and try it again couldn't hurt anything to double check

Hey, try a little dab of grease on the o-ring and needle threads. Maybe it's just dry?

Hey, try a little dab of grease on the o-ring and needle threads. Maybe it's just dry?

10/4 buddy

Same problem Ive been having with numerous ones Ive tried.  THE THREADS MAY BE CUT INCORRECT DO NOT FORCE IT.  Take it out and look at the threads they should be sharp, and pointed at the peaks like the factory needle.  The ones Ive been seeing from them are fat and WILL NOT fit into the carb. (spare me the blah blah crap Ive looked into this case with machine shop workers for ass tons of experience)

No.  I honestly didnt care.  After they put out so many that had different thread pitches, I just stuck with the T handle needle and shook my head.  They cant even fix the damn typo on their packaging, very sad.