Sign in to follow this  

Kickstand bolt size to stop it from retracting ?

Hello,

Does anyone know the part # size of the shorter kickstand bolt (350 EXC) so that I can remove the spacer and stop the stand from retracting on its own when bike is held level ?

Actually looking through the parts list again I think this is what I need M8X20 0019080206S. What I am trying to do is stop the kickstand from retracting on its own when you tilt the bike up (very annoying) To do this you need to remove the spacer. When you remove the spacer the original bolt is too long. I believe the original bolt is M8X24.

Edited by jdepp

I just cut the theads alittle farther then cut about 8 mm off the bolt . All In all it took les than 5 minutes if you have the die and hacksaw .

Best Dual Sport Bikes in AZ was giving these out a while back for free. Might contact BDSB and see if they can send you one. Just another option. Cutting it off should work too. I just took mine off and the went to local hardware store and matched a grade 8 torx up I needed the right length. Several options. Good luck.

Use the bolt that comes with the bike. If you don't have it ask the dealer they were probably wondering what it was for

Use the bolt that comes with the bike. If you don't have it ask the dealer they were probably wondering what it was for

Unfortunately didn't get one like some others did. Just picked one up today. It was only like $1.53 so no big deal. It's so much nicer now that it doesn't retract on its own. I wonder how many bikes get dropped in the showroom from customers who don't realize the stand auto retracts

Thanks, again. I'm going to pick up some Rox Speed Riser Anti-vibe Handlebar Mounts for my 690 on Friday, so I'll get one then.