Sign in to follow this  

2007 or 2009 ktm 400 xcw which is better?

Hey guys so I'm split between these 2 bikes:

2007 KTM 400 xcw- 820 miles all stock 4100$

2009 ktm 400 xcw- 1150 miles HID lights and gps/ speedo 4550$

which one should i buy? Which handles better and which has the better engine?

also, what do you think of the price? Is it overpriced?

give me some input on this :)

I think they are both about $500 too high but I guess prices do vary from state to state.  Just doing a quick search it looks like there were some changes in 2008 so the '09 would be an updated version just don't know by how much or how much improvement the changes made.

Ok i guess i will go with the 09. Ive spent a lot of time recently browsing different forums on ktm discusions, and it seems like the prices here in washington are waaaaaay higher than what im seeing in other states.

Is there a forum or website for dirt bike sales that u guys could direct me to? Ive been just looking on craigslist and theres not much for decent prices....

Keep in mind that asking prices are rarely achieved.  Do not hesitate to barter with the seller.

Good point.  I like to shoot for 10-15% off.  Seems like a good point where sometimes they will take it right away.  Its not insulting. and they still can counter offer.

If the bike is worse then you thought you can start point out things and adding them up and telling him what it will cost to fix.  Then offer even less.

Edited by DirtSmoker250