Sign in to follow this  

Starting issue

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum but so far I got some really good info on the 450x.

We are 5 friends that decided to quit motorcycle road race and bought dirt bike, 3x CRF 450X 1X CRF 450R and emmm! ;-) 1X KTM 250 XCW

We have a problem with one of the 450x, At first the bike was not running at idle without choke. So I removed the carb and cleaned everything. There was a jet plugged with a pièces of the oring from the fuel screw? Anyway. We put back everything together and tried to start the bike with the starter. The only thing we can heard is a click from the selenoide I think? Starter is not turning at all. By the way the bike run really fine and start easy with the kick...

We tried with 2 different battery without sucess. I am ok in mechanic but verry poor with electrical problem. Did not find anything concerning that problem on the search tool too...

Where should I start???

Edited by htwin

Clean you connections at the battery and starter...if still a no go and you have ruled out the battery then a starter would be you next step

Edited by MrRong

Also check the ground wire that is right behind the clutch actuator  , what your looking for is the wire where it goes into the connector   , if it moves when you pull on it , that might be the issue  , also the start button itself can get dirty inside , or the relay could have gone bad

Edited by 450XJimDirt

Should not be the starter since it was working prior to the carb removal.

Could be the clutch wiring because we remove the hot start cable from the clitch side. Maybe we disconnected this cable by mistake...

Its like the power goes to the selenoide and stop there. No power to the starter?

Will double check all ground to in that case.