Sign in to follow this  

99 ktm 300 what year shocks will work?

Will an 06-07 shock work on 99 ktm 300 exc

Any 1998-2006 will fit.

2007 XC/XC-W will also fit.

2007 SX will not fit

A 2006 SX shock has the best components but will need a revalve for off-road.

A 2006-2007 XC shock will work the best without a revalve.

Yes 07 SX shock is new BIG frame and is longer...

look for 06-07 Xc-xcw shock.

Ok so is that the best shock to go with? Advantages? Cons? I just want to do the best and only do it once I also have the 50mm extreme forks brp triple clamps

Ok so is that the best shock to go with? Advantages? Cons? I just want to do the best and only do it once I also have the 50mm extreme forks brp triple clamps

If you do mx, the 06 SX shock is perfect, should be able to get one for $200 or so, and it will be reasonably good out of the box.

For $500 you should be able to find a used fox podium or ohlins ttx which are a step above all the wp stuff.

If you really want good suspension, you need to look into getting a revalve

I'm definitely getting revalve just unsure what is the best and comparable thanks for looking out no I know what works does 06-07 have piston or bladder and is bladder wort it ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398015718.483432.jpg

This is what happened after 2 rides on revalve and service from well know company haven't heard back from them since I sent it back but I need a shock now so buying one and trying to study up before new one comes

So I've got an 07 sx lowered 6mm to work for me all revalved and ready for action we shall see Saturday at red bud can't wait I just need to make sure shock doesn't rub when tracing through its full travel

What happened to nitro tank?

I don't have a clue it blew off lol I found it down by tire and swing arm piston was gone found it back on the track 30' away lol Paul Thead said it was either overfilled with oil and or piston was set incorrectly I had a few people tell me that now it hyro locked crazy huh so I sent it back Tuesday and yet to hear from them so I need a shock and they don't seem to understand that lol so I bought 07 sx had it set up should be here Friday so I can race red bud thank god I found this page otherwise is be a sitting duck

Yeah, it must have been overfilled, that's a pretty spectacular failure. Hydraulic pressure is not something to mess with....I would bring the shock back to whomever serviced it, you could have been injured badly by that. Either from losing all dampening, or from the shock spring coming of the body and spearing you.

IMO that 07SX shock sucks. The aluminum body is crap and strips out. When you get the shock, slather the threads on the body with anti sieze, and never adjust it without loosening the clamp bolt and cleaning the shock threads very well.

I'm still gonna end up with a shock from the company just don't know if I'm gonna trust it but maybe for woods lol I'm gonna keep this page up to par on what happens with this whole deal cause I want a new silencer too wthImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398043221.029714.jpg