Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Polaris Polaris 500 Scramble 4x4, Battery Shorts out, has pull start No start What the H---ll?

MY Wife's Ride, We have had many 4 wheeler, Bikes, Suz-230, Suz-160, Hon-300,Kaw-KE100. All with Battery for E-start , And Back up Pull or Kick start , when battery was weak or just plan DEAD. Even My Hon-rider mower will run with out the Battery . This Polaris has me all fired up, Pull start what a Joke , why have pull start , and still need the battery to make a spark. Any way to rewire this Red Headed step child to Start with the pull start , New Battery  Around $ 100.00 Bucks  Ouch !!! This would be Bad out in the middle of the Woods miles from the Parking area . Any Help would be Grateful, Thanks

P.S. My old Dodge straight drive will push start with out a battery and run, So what gives on this Polaris , Would a Battery eliminater work in its place.

So no replies yet , Went and bought new battery , so we well go from their , Just work on a China scooter for a coworker that had been sitting for 3 years a 150 Zumba  , Had Dead battery and back up kick , and Guess what , 2 kicks and fired right up , With no battery in place , even the Chinese have it right .

Well it has been 3 weeks, so nobody knows , Am I in the right forum for this Topic.

Well , It's June 1 st still no answer , did read something late one night on the scrambler batt said pull start work when batt was damage or weak , still it should start with out batt or if its shorted out . Thanks for reading