Sign in to follow this  

Which dual sport would you rather have?

07 Suzuki DRZ400s or 07 Honda CRF450x

Why?

crf450x plated? 

I've owned both those bikes and would of liked the crf450x best but it was too much headache to get it platted in Georgia.  So I sold the crf.    CRF450X is lighter and more power.  I would of chose it if it was street legal but since it wasn't I went with the drz400s.

Edited by DirtSmoker250
  • Like 1

crf450x plated? 

I've owned both those bikes and would of liked the crf450x best but it was too much headache to get it platted in Georgia.  So I sold the crf.    CRF450X is lighter and more power.  I would of chose it if it was street legal but since it wasn't I went with the drz400s.

Exactly right. Apples and oranges. The 450x isn't a DS.

Mike

The 450x really isn't a dual sport in my opinion. Sure you can get it plated in some states but the maintnence intervals would keep you from putting a lot of road miles on it. I have a plated 250x and a drz400s. Make no mistake the 450x/250x are dirt bikes pure and simple. The Drz is very capable and will give you many more maintnence free miles between valve checks and rebuilds. So for a more dirt bike with a plate to connect trails and such 450x. But if your gonna commute and use it as a EDR the Drz gets it. If you really want a a more dirt worthy dual sport look at the Husqvarne 500 and 650 terra or the KTM EXC line up. Just my 2%

• Like 1