Sign in to follow this  

Extended shift lever

not sure, but the only longer levers I have seen available are from hammerhead.

hdmoto.com

I ended up ordering this fr hammerhead.

Here's the factory lever.

D61F3398-8976-4342-8958-D02361BF1A4A_zps

Here's the part I ordered.

64736FED-EBEA-4FA0-A487-4C1F7FF7CF4D_zps

It's actually designed for their levers but I'm going to modify my factory lever to fit. The tip I ordered is +20mm.

Hey Roryrob and others!

I encountered the same issue when I bought my 2012.  The solution was as easy as an aftermarket shifter for an XL650L, it give you a quick and easy 7/8" extension.  The MSR part listed has held up well and still on the bike today.

Here is a link to a post I made on this site a while ago for the very purpose (contains pics and part number)-

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1047784-thanks-for-the-klx250sxr650-shifter-tip-new-member/

God Bless,

TC

Edited by TimC63

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Do you think the shift levers are the same for the older klx300/250's? Yours is a 2012. That's the next generation right?

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Do you think the shift levers are the same for the older klx300/250's? Yours is a 2012. That's the next generation right?

If I understand your question... yes the 2009+ are the same and are revised/different from the 07 and earlier.  I never did check to see if the Kawi part#s were different between the 2007 and the 2009.

While I do not recall the exact difference, I remember that others had posted that the KLX300R shifter was NOT a solution as the bend of the lever was different and incompatible.(with the 2009+)

TC