Sign in to follow this  

DRC 602 Flasher Install... rookie question

Whats up everybody!  I just got a set of the front and rear 602 indicators that Im about to install to compliment the edge taillight I already installed on my 07 DRZ400s.  I have a simple question that probably sounds stupid but i am still learning :ride: .  I got the front flasher brackets ( in addition to the lights).  It requires me to take off the fork clamp bolts to connect it.  Will loosening and removing the bolts to install it do anything to the forks themselves?  I just don't want to mess anything up.. Also i noticed my original turn signals already have a bracket connected to the fork clamp, will this original bracket work with the 602's if i don't want to remove the fork clamp bolts and install the new brackets?

Last question... Is removing the headlight shroud easy? It seems that there is only 3 bolts holding it on.. I got a flasher relay to replace the original for the LED lights.   Any info would be appreciated.

You can remove the upper fork clamp bolts no problem.  Nothing will happen as long as the lower clamp bolts are not loose at the same time.

Yes the shroud comes off with just 3 screws.

You can remove the upper fork clamp bolts no problem.  Nothing will happen as long as the lower clamp bolts are not loose at the same time.

Yes the shroud comes off with just 3 screws.

Thanks for this man!

Hey NW!

Thanks for posting this question b/c I'm sitting here in my living room garage (porch garage was out b/c it's raining) ..and yes my wife is away lol.    I bought DRC602's as well and I got all the stockers off and was ready to install the new nifty LEDs and realized I forgot to order the mounting brackets!  I didn't realize I'd need new ones until I read your post.  Good luck w/ your install, as the previous have said, you can take the uppers off no problem at all.

So what are you mounting to in the rear?  I have this tiny LED brake light but no fender eliminator (see pic), I removed the black sub-plastic piece that sits under the rear fender b/c I track the bike on occasion and the less stuff I have to fiddle with the better.  I could bolt them into the subframe's existing holes where the stock ones go but I've seen some pics of people w/ the flashers on either side of the rear brake and really like that.   Does anyone know if the DRC edge tail light kit will work?  I don't need another tail light but need something to fasten the new 602's into. 

20140422_205830.jpg

hey sorry here's a stupid question:   do most people cut the connector off the old oem signals and solder it onto the new LED wires?

Thanks dec, another item I should have bought lol.

If you're planning on buying from wheeling cycle supply, next time call or email Forrest.  Let him know the items you're planning on purchasing and ask if there's anything else missing or anything else people commonly buy with it.  He'll let you know.

As a side note, you would still have to solder/crimp the OEM connector kit to your new turn signals.  I assume people buy the kit in order to have the ability to return their turn signals back to stock.

Thanks dec, I actually ordered from TT as I've done for some of my other drz items, our of curiosity how come you went with wheeling cycle? I bought the brackets and 12 o clock kit as well since like you said I can always switch back to oem or sell them ... can't wait to install these signals.