Sign in to follow this  

2014 Husky 350 FE

Purchased a new 2014 Husky 350FE. WANTED TO KNOW who had advice on protection parts, bark busters, and must haves for this fine machine!

Purchased a new 2014 Husky 350FE. WANTED TO KNOW who had advice on protection parts, bark busters, and must haves for this fine machine!

Since these are so new, you'd probably be better off asking in the KTM section, they are probably more familiar with the bikes than a traditional Husky owner.  On another note, since not many folks have them, can you give us a brief run down of your review of the bike, and what you came from for comparison.  Sorry to get off topic, just VERY curious

I actually counted that I have owned a total of 13 dirt bikes in my life. The most recent

KDX220

KTM300

CRF450r

CRF250x

WR450

None of these were brand new. The crf450 and WR 450 were very close barely ridden.

Now the Husky 350. I purchased this bike off the shelf last week. Rode it by myself to get use to the balance and throttle etc 1 time. Then on Friday I rode with a guy at Brushy mountain motorsports Park I put 46 miles on it mostly on single track. He has a KTM 450. Is an old mx rider so in open clear areas he flies. On occasion I pulled the throttle back and pulled away and the fuel injection response was awesome and alarming the constant torque. I felt so comfortable on this bike I seemed to be in a zone the entire day hitting the lines I wanted and when I did not I let the bike do the work. I do not like to jump much but this day I seemed to want to clear over some of the single track obstacles. 1 time I was stuck on some rocks, worried because I have not put the disc protection and the cylinder slave protection etc on it yet. I had to get off the bike and pull it in a better line, I left it running in first gear, it stayed on tire was rotating and helped me get it through on the right line. That was a first for me. No Rekluse.

This bike is so smooth, responsive and it seems to have made me a better rider already. I have read some of the reviews and responses from people calling the husky just a KTM in white etc. I know enough of the differences as I know KTM makes an awesome 350 almost bought one but went by Palmer motor sports and the owner let me test ride through his woods while he rode his KTM race bike. I was sold after that. I recommend riding one.

• Like 2

I have a 14 KTM 350 and its pretty much stock. I like the Moose Pro plastic skid. The one that would fit your bike would be a Parts Unlimited # 0506-0760.

I picked up my FE350, before I took it out I put on Bullet Proof https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com , front & rear disc, swing arm and radiator guards.  Second time out, wiped out on single track, slid down 50' ravine into nasty creek, not a scratch on it.  Used Cyrcra hand guards which saved my controls from a few crashes.

• Like 1

I picked up my FE350, before I took it out I put on Bullet Proof https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com , front & rear disc, swing arm and radiator guards.  Second time out, wiped out on single track, slid down 50' ravine into nasty creek, not a scratch on it.  Used Cyrcra hand guards which saved my controls from a few crashes.

How about a picture of your mods..?

• Like 1

Just got my fe 350 last week . Hands down best bike I ever owned . Just finished 80 mile turkey run . Ran flawlessly . Had to stiffen up front suspension just a few clicks . Electric start works perfect . Handling in unmatched . Pricey at 9,600. But worth it to me . Can't stop staring at it . Girlfriend is getting jealous .. Lol . Buy this bike.

$9600??? Wow! Makes me look harder for the orange version at the discounted '14 prices.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Got a new -14 FE450 to replace my woody -13 KX450 and I could not be happier. This bike ROCKS! So far the only mods is a changed front tire, handlebar (higher), Recluse Core EXP3 and Led lights for this darker season.

$9600??? Wow! Makes me look harder for the orange version at the discounted '14 prices.

This is not the norm, my dealer has a FE501 for $7600 +tax which would put it just over $8000.

Curious. What made you boys get this vs. the KTM XCFW or XCF?

I like this Husky since it's linkage and green sticker for CA.  But I dont like $1k extra for essentially the same bike as the KTM 250 XCFW but with  linkage. 

ditch the factory hand guards, they are crap

my husky 350 has a heap of extras, trail tech map switch, fmf mega and 4.1 muffler, jd tuner, disc guard, bpd rad guards, rekluse 3 core exp, bark busters, tank sock, heavier springs.

if your going to do anything, get a tps tool and set your tps, will make the bike run better and set the rear sag to 112mm and set the forks flush with the top

they are a great bike