Sign in to follow this  

Gnarly+rad reeds kdx 200

Would the gnarly pipe (woods) make a difference on my bike, I trail ride and I want more "pep" on my bike, next, what would the reeds do?

Would the gnarly pipe (woods) make a difference on my bike, I trail ride and I want more "pep" on my bike, next, what would the reeds do?

I assume your bike is stock?

From the factory, the KDX is ridiculously corked up, both the intake and exhaust.

Either FMF pipe (Woods or Desert, depending on the terrain you ride in) will make a HUGE difference in performance, and weighs significantly less than the stock boat anchor as an added bonus.

For silencers, you can either keep the stock one (it makes pretty good power and is super quiet, but it's also super heavy), or go with an FMF Powercore (no spark arrestor) or a Turbinecore (Forestry Legal). The FMF silencers don't really add power, but they do slightl improve response, and they are much lighter than the OEM silencer.

The Rad valve also really helps wake that bike up, although you also need to either drill some holes in the airbox lid (or just toss the lid in the trash) so the engine can get some air.

You'll need to re-jet also. You'll end up with a 45-48 pilot, and a 152-158 main, depending on weather and altitude. You'll also want to replace the stock 1173 needle with an 1174.

I assume your bike is stock?

From the factory, the KDX is ridiculously corked up, both the intake and exhaust.

Either FMF pipe (Woods or Desert, depending on the terrain you ride in) will make a HUGE difference in performance, and weighs significantly less than the stock boat anchor as an added bonus.

For silencers, you can either keep the stock one (it makes pretty good power and is super quiet, but it's also super heavy), or go with an FMF Powercore (no spark arrestor) or a Turbinecore (Forestry Legal). The FMF silencers don't really add power, but they do slightl improve response, and they are much lighter than the OEM silencer.

The Rad valve also really helps wake that bike up, although you also need to either drill some holes in the airbox lid (or just toss the lid in the trash) so the engine can get some air.

You'll need to re-jet also. You'll end up with a 45-48 pilot, and a 152-158 main, depending on weather and altitude. You'll also want to replace the stock 1173 needle with an 1174.

I have a fmf silencer and already jetted and drilled, I kinda want to know what will make more of a difference because I can only get one at a time (budget) I may get both if it makes a noticeable difference

I have a fmf silencer and already jetted and drilled, I kinda want to know what will make more of a difference because I can only get one at a time (budget) I may get both if it makes a noticeable difference

So you have to choose between the pipe or the Rad Valve? Then definitely get the pipe, way more improvement. Replacing the stock pipe on a KDX200 makes way more difference than it does on pretty much any other two-stroke made. You'll be shocked at the difference in both power and rideability.

So you have to choose between the pipe or the Rad Valve? Then definitely get the pipe, way more improvement. Replacing the stock pipe on a KDX200 makes way more difference than it does on pretty much any other two-stroke made. You'll be shocked at the difference in both power and rideability.

ok sounds great I'll start saving!

Lastly what would you prefer woods or desert, I'm a hardcore trail rider and do hard terrai like rocks, logs, etc.

What kind of riding do you do?

The Woods pipe makes big gains down low and smaller (but still substantial) gains from the mid up, with an emphasis on smooth grunty torque.

The Desert pipe makes small gains down low, with BIG gains from the mid and up. It's much more aggressive and quicker revving than the Woods pipe. It's more like riding a 125 with much better low-end and less hit.

Both pipes pull better EVERYWHERE in the rev range than the stock pipe.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing this. Based on your last post, the Woods pipe is what you want.

Edited by Chokey

What kind of riding do you do?

The Woods pipe makes big gains down low and smaller (but still substantial) gains from the mid up, with an emphasis on smooth grunty torque.

The Desert pipe makes small gains down low, with BIG gains from the mid and up. It's much more aggressive and quicker revving than the Woods pipe. It's more like riding a 125 with much better low-end and less hit.

Both pipes pull better EVERYWHERE in the rev range than the stock pipe.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing this. Based on your last post, the Woods pipe is what you want.

ok thank you